Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, all — We're inventorying my dad's Marklin HO setup and inventory. Having trouble identifying what appears to be a 3011 electric freight engine but with some odd details to it, markings which don't check out in the Koll's price guide.

On the side, as a gold-lettered sticker, is "E44 118". (Standard 3011s have E44 039".) Additionally, this model has no headlights, but silver concave discs. The roof is a blue-silver and the catenaries are mostly red.

Anybody have any leads on the correct Marklin model #? I'd be most grateful!

Doug Gorney
Napa, CA

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
(Photo of the engine I'm asking about)

Sorry for the quick and dirty iPhone photos, this is just for general ref.; see the detail info printed above.

Attachments

·
Registered
958 Posts
The locomotive looks to be based off an Italian prototype (I've seen in one of my books a picture of a locomotive exactly like that, see if you can get a copy of "The Great Book of Trains" the locomotive itself is, I believe early in the "Modern Trains" section, the E44 is definently Italian, as they based their Electric RR system, in simmilar ways to the Milwaukee Road, as they toured the Electric Shops at Avery, Idaho years ago!). Any Marklin, commands a premium, but my advice, take up the hobby yourself, and have fun with it.

God bless and welcome to the Forum!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts