Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure where to post this, so forgive me if it is in the wrong location. I recently purchased the Brawa 3661 Titlis Bahn. It’s basically a mountain lift. It requires a 16 volt power supply. I am not very good with electronics and really don’t want to blow it up. (Read expensive). Does anyone know where I can get a power supply for it.

Thanks,
Mike View attachment 544455

View attachment 544455

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Any power supply providing 16vac will power your lift motor.

Mouser Electronics or Digi-Key are your best bets.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Links didn't work, but it takes a 16v AC supply? Makes it a little more difficult to find. You could also try Jamco, but I think the current needs to be known.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
I am not sure where to post this, so forgive me if it is in the wrong location. I recently purchased the Brawa 3661 Titlis Bahn. It’s basically a mountain lift. It requires a 16 volt power supply. I am not very good with electronics and really don’t want to blow it up. (Read expensive). Does anyone know where I can get a power supply for it.

Thanks,
Mike View attachment 544455

View attachment 544455
Mike;

Does your model run on 16 volts DC, or 16 volts AC ? If it runs on AC, a 16 volt AC doorbell transformer would power it.

If it runs on 16 volts DC, you might try one of those little black, cube "wall wart" power supplies, like those used to charge cell phones. Most of those wall warts produce 12 volts DC or less, but even 12 volts would probably run your model, just a little slower. The lower voltage will also reduce the risk of "blowing it up."
There are also some wall warts that produce an AC voltage output. If you can find one that outputs 16 volts, or a little less, it will work if your mountain lift is designed to operate on AC voltage. Doesn't Brawa make a power supply for their lift?
One source for electronic parts is www.allelectronics.com

Traction Fan

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
It requires 16vac specified in the instruction manual. They make that very clear, but do not specify an amperage.

The AC unit he purchased from Digi-Key at 500ma will be plenty.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you once again for your help. As MichaelE, the instructions did not say an amperage. I went with a 16 VAC 500 mA power supply thinking that the less amps the better in this case.

Mike

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
The device will only draw what it requires. In the case of amperage, more is always better if you don't know what the draw will be.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Except in the case of a short. A really high amperage PS will show where the short is in more graphic terms:devilish:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts