Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased an mth railking general train. I was trying to change out the scent of the smoke in my smoke unit, and I think that I have put too much in it! The fluid is coming out(?), and making it's way toward the bottum of my engine-can only remove a small amount on the outside of train. Can I open it up and remove the excess fluid, or will it simply evaporate in time? Most of the time they were kept in box, but am now giving them a dust-free area to be displayed. Is the smoke unit ruined? It will not produce smoke, and the fluid has been coming out of the area underneath where the on/off switch is. Was going to tip it over, but was worried about the fluid going into the engine.:confused: Please help me figure out if I need to get it repaired or wait for the fluid to dry up!

confused train newby

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I don't have an MTH loco, but I do have a smoke unit from Walthers and the Hot Box BBQ shack.

Both will eventually smoke if they are filled too full with fluid.

I use one of these

If I get too happy with the smoke fluid and have to remove some.

Good luck.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Since we are on the topic of smoke..... I have a Williams Southern Pacific GS-4 4-8-4,
Iam running around the ceiling, I did not fill the smoke the unit because I was afraid it would stain the ceiling. My question is am I hurting the unit by running it dry?
thanks in advance Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts