Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI
I am running a new Atlas HO trainman gp38-2, and Have a DH126 Digitrax decoder in it. I now Have it setup for 3 3 step response curve with Switcher mode, CV2 at 26, CV6 at 38 and CV5 at 64 acording to the Digitrax manual. I also set CV 3 and 4 at Zero to shut off momentum, Problem is that the engine still drifts when I shut off the throttle. I want instant response for switching. What I read on another forum is that what was recommended to do.
So, what could be my problem, any suggestions to this?
Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
how much does it drift .... does it keep moving three inches, six inches, after you turn the throttle off from a slow pace ? i would turn the start voltage down, just in case it's a little too high..

·
Registered
318 Posts
I agree with my colleagues. You’ll want your CV2 set to a value so that when your throttle is at 1 the locomotive starts to crawl. It will take a few trips back and forth to the programming track. Every locomotive is different so there is no fixed value. CV5 is max speed and CV6 is mid speed.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
decoder issues

HI
I got a reply from Digitrax and tried that and it still is screwed up. I called the dealr in the Twin Cities I got the decoder from and he is mailing me a new one and when I get that I will see what happens. I ran it on a friends layout on DC and it runs just great.
Thanks for all the help, I am tired of screwing around with this thing.
Bill

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Could be your command station. If you have it set to run locos without decoders the wave form could be squewd. Go into ypur command station settings and look for the address 0 function and turn that off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts