Model Train Forum banner

Need some help/info

951 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  tjcruiser
I'm not sure what the correct term for this is, but I need to find a source for the, "pressed fiber material(board?)" that is used for o-scale center rail pick-up plates. I'm going to have to fabricate a pick-up plate. The brush plate is also made of the same material(it's warped), so I'm going to need 2 thicknesses(1/16th & 1/8th) Anyone know where I might find this, or what the correct term I should be using to google it?

1 - 1 of 2 Posts
Hi Jim,

I think they're called "contact assembly" or similar, like this one on ebay ...

As far as material, you need something stiff, but non-conductive. What comes to mind is a blank circuit board plate, like you might be able to pick up at Radio Shack. Not sure if it's the exact same material, but it might work. Something sorta like this, but perhaps without the holes ... board&origkw=circuit board&sr=1

Maybe you can find the exact contact assembly with a bit of ebay / 'net searching?

Anyway ... good luck!



Lionel calls them "Contact Shoe Assembly", as shown here:
See less See more
1 - 1 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.