Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
The cars look nice. I think the loco is UGLY...looks like some sort of alien monster. They said the train would have 25% more seats...is that because of added cars or are they scrunching seats tighter like the airlines did?

·
Registered
826 Posts
That thing is ugly, particularly the locomotive.
The cars look like overgrown talgo coaches.

The original Acela looked better (and I never cared for its looks, either).
I only "ran" the original Acela in the "simulator" in Wilmington.
The jobs were based out of NYC and Boston, and I worked in New Haven.
Wouldn't have wanted to be on those jobs, anyway.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I suspect but don't know that's in a test set up form. the paint jobs are simple, there's no splashy graphics. i have no problem with it myself.

I've been poking around and in HO there only seems to be bachmann HO set for the current one. It's not that expensive and a quick look at it on a vid, suggests its nice enough.

Yet i don't understand why they only packaged it as RTR set with track and controller.

Leave that out and I bet you could shave $100 off the prices, maybe... Ok maybe not that much but I suspect you'd sell more.

I hope perhaps Bachmann or someone else offers this in a timely manner & perhaps also not as a RTR set.

(simulator?)

anyway i found the actual vid -- https://media.amtrak.com/media-images/new-acela-fleet-on-the-move/

And I will go on record as saying i like the droop nose! I do... i think it looks cool. I think the rear of engine should match the coaches in outline though. (there appears to be a little angular shape to the couches no reflected in the engine)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts