Model Train Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm Alexis Chernisky!

I'm a fan of locomotives and love seeing models of them, I have started designing my own steam locomotive since I got into making trains in a game called Garry's Mod, the thing there was called Train Build and a lot of the people made quite great-looking locomotives and assets for them.

I'm designing, drawing, and modeling a Mallet I called the Challenger Boy but had recently changed the name to the B12. it's a 2-6-8-4 single expansion with both interior and exterior rodding. I have designed the valve gear and I don't know where I should post the pictures, I love to receive some comments, tips, and criticism for what I make, it helps me quite a bit when I'm making something.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Hello, I'm Alexis Chernisky!

I'm a fan of locomotives and love seeing models of them, I have started designing my own steam locomotive since I got into making trains in a game called Garry's Mod, the thing there was called Train Build and a lot of the people made quite great-looking locomotives and assets for them.

I'm designing, drawing, and modeling a Mallet I called the Challenger Boy but had recently changed the name to the B12. it's a 2-6-8-4 single expansion with both interior and exterior rodding. I have designed the valve gear and I don't know where I should post the pictures, I love to receive some comments, tips, and criticism for what I make, it helps me quite a bit when I'm making something.
Alexis;

W3elcome to the forum! We have members all over the world. What country are you living in? Russia would be my guess with your name, Alexis Chemiski , but I may be wrong. You locomotive building sounds interesting. What scale are your model locomotives? HO-scale, N-scale, O-scale, or other? You can post your photos either here in the "General Model Train Discussion" section, or in the scale section that matches your models. For example, if you are building HO-scale locomotives , then you could post them in the "HO-scale" forum section.

Again welcome;

Traction Fan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alexis;

W3elcome to the forum! We have members all over the world. What country are you living in? Russia would be my guess with your name, Alexis Chemiski , but I may be wrong. You locomotive building sounds interesting. What scale are your model locomotives? HO-scale, N-scale, O-scale, or other? You can post your photos either here in the "General Model Train Discussion" section, or in the scale section that matches your models. For example, if you are building HO-scale locomotives , then you could post them in the "HO-scale" forum section.

Again welcome;

Traction Fan
Oh, I was born and live in the USA, I'm of Polish heritage, so you're not far off with my name. I currently have a Revell Big boy model for HO but I couldn't complete it as parts were missing or broken. I'm mostly using it for physical measurements, then converting them from HO to Live Steam (1:8, gauges 0'7.5" and 0'7.25") I'm also using plans from other engines for cylinder thickness for when I get equipement to actually prototype and test parts, then I can actually make the locomotive I'm designing. which is a single expansion-double compound mallet with a wheel configuration 4-6-8-4 and 2-6-8-4.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, I was born and live in the USA, I'm of Polish heritage, so you're not far off with my name. I currently have a Revell Big boy model for HO but I couldn't complete it as parts were missing or broken. I'm mostly using it for physical measurements, then converting them from HO to Live Steam (1:8, gauges 0'7.5" and 0'7.25") I'm also using plans from other engines for cylinder thickness for when I get equipement to actually prototype and test parts, then I can actually make the locomotive I'm designing. which is a single expansion-double compound mallet with a wheel configuration 4-6-8-4 and 2-6-8-4.
I say double compound as in it has 4 cylinders per driver. kinda going off another locomotive that has 4 cylinders from the GWR.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Live steam? This will be a very interesting project to watch, especially in such a large locomotive size. Will these engines be European looking?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.