Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the Shepherd Dog Food boxcar from Menards, Tulsa gave it the paws up approval.

Will there ever be any Spokane Portland & Seattle rolling stock from the train folks at Menards. They have done dozens of the other RR's, time for a SP&S.

Bill

PA060004.JPG

PA060002.JPG

·
Registered
869 Posts
Bill, what would be a great accompaniment to that boxcar would be an inkjet imprinted boxcar from Lionel's personalized boxcar line with Tulsa's photo and personal message. Those cars are pricey at $89 but produced here in the USA at their Carolina headquarters and you'd have a one of a kind keepsake car for your layout.
Here's a link to that product line :)
http://www.lionel.com/categories/personalization

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bill, what would be a great accompaniment to that boxcar would be an inkjet imprinted boxcar from Lionel's personalized boxcar line with Tula's photo and personal message. Those cars are pricey at $89 but produced here in the USA at their Carolina headquarters and you'd have a one of a kind keepsake car for your layout.
Here's a link to that product line :)
http://www.lionel.com/categories/personalization
I was thinking in that direction before Menards released their version. The Shepard on the boxcar resembles Tulsa.

For folks that have never seen, those are Osage Nuts, very heavy & hard. If one nails you on the head you are out for the count.

Bill

PA160023.JPG

·
Registered
409 Posts
WORKS FOR ME

My wife is from Louisiana where the tree the Osage Nut comes from is called a Bodock tree. We live in Missouri where the tree is called Osage Orange and the fruit is the Osage Nut. I grew up in Kansas where the tree was called a Hedge tree and the fruit was called either a Horse Apple or Hedge Apple. All I know is that they will twist up your ankle real quick after they fall out of the tree.

LATER

·
Registered
38 Posts
Osage orange, hedge apple, horse apple, bois d'arc, bodark, monkey ball, bow-wood, yellow-wood and mock orange.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts