Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received the MIlwaukee lighted caboose along with the lighted pick-up from Menards this past weekend. The rear flashing lights on the caboose are a great addition but the caboose itself is on the smallish side. Be OK with traditional size rolling stock but not scale size rolling stock.

The free with order lighted pick-up is really terrific looking. Actually this is what I was placing the order for.

Bill

P2240001.JPG

P2240004.JPG

P2240002.JPG

P2240003.JPG

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Last fall I ordered something as it came with a Starbucks truck. Wanted the truck and not the car!!

Have you had any issues with the Menards cars?? A few guys in our club bought a bunch and have issues with the couplers opening, and general lighter weight of the cars versus others.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have 8 or 9 various cars from Menard's and only had issues with one. The wheels on one truck were to close together and would derail on crossings and when going through a few switches. The wheels are just pressed on the axles and I was able to push them out enough with my fingers. This solved the issues.

I remember there were a few issue with the couplers not closing when they first came out but nothing recently.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last fall I ordered something as it came with a Starbucks truck. Wanted the truck and not the car!!

Have you had any issues with the Menards cars?? A few guys in our club bought a bunch and have issues with the couplers opening, and general lighter weight of the cars versus others.
The boxcars are quite heavy due to the steel undercarriage and diecast trucks.

Have had a few pieces of rolling stock where the wheels were not spaced adequately. No issues with derailing but were sparkers on Gargraves switches.

Bill

·
Registered
638 Posts
NICE CABOOSE

The Menards Milwaukee Road caboose is indeed a nice addition to any O Gauge MR consist. I used some Christmas money to purchase one online in January along with some other Menards train cars I had been eyeballing for a while. Used one of the 11% off offerings that Menards had back in January. The caboose did seem a skootch small but was inline size wise as some Lionel Post War SP cabooses I have. The freebee truck is s nice addition as well especially if one has the Vetter, Sash & Door structure on their layout. The Vetter, Sash & Door stake truck looks nice as well but at $30 a pop it will be a while before I could consider getting one.

LATER

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Nice graphics but I think it would look better as a bobber. The outboard trucks give it a high water look. Like the pickup.

Pete

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice graphics but I think it would look better as a bobber. The outboard trucks give it a high water look. Like the pickup.

Pete
The size and shape looks like the tooling originally was from Kusan or early K-Line.

Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts