Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Yesterday I gota good deal on and Atlas trainman GP38-2 diesel and I bought a Digitrax DH 126P decoder for it, I pulled the dummy plug of the engine board and there is a *1 on one side and a I/O on the other, which way does that board from the decoder go on the board? there is a plus on the same side a the *1 on the board and a - on the other side of the board on the engine.
Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Decoder hellp

HI
I got the decoder plugged in right, but I can't program it. It starts slow and takes off and keeps going when throttle is shut down. It sucks, It's a sad.....maybe be able to work on it tomorrow, was gone all day today. I can usaully program these digitrax basic decoders pretty easliy. I also noticed there is a black mark on one of the flywheels on the engine, is that supposed to be there, its like paint.
Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
2 Posts
Also check head light for blinking see trouble shooting in decoder manual u may have shorts motor isolation is critical Bachmann has alot of crap on plug board

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
decoder help

Hi
I got the decoder working but having speed isssues and now I can't get decoder to reset to default.
If your programming on the main do you need to shut power off and back on after programming. I am trying to do a total reset so I can just use the 3 cv values on the digitrax for road switcher.
On my jmri screen I see cv8 has some crazy value in it and I can't change the value to 8 to do a reset.
Thanks
Bill

1 - 8 of 8 Posts