Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I logged in earlier today and it was the same format it has been for a long time.

I log in at 11:30 and see a new format. Right now not as easy to find things. But I guess I'll get used to it.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,515 Posts
I logged in earlier today and it was the same format it has been for a long time.

I log in at 11:30 and see a new format. Right now not as easy to find things. But I guess I'll get used to it.
Here,

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
I'm an old guy set in his ways, not fond of change. But we'll see how this goes...it's like moving to a whole different neighborhood, not much is familiar. o_O

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Change is inevitable. Seeing this same kind of format on other forums of other topics.
It will change again sometime down the road a few or several years.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I mainly view on Tapatalk on my phone so not sure if anything changed on it. I’m just trying to find a forum with more n scale participation that also is on Tapatalk but not having much luck. I joined nscale.net but it’s not on Tapatalk. I like this forum but it seems only the HO and O people really post a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Much easier for them to embed all sorts of ads. I'm on a phone right now but we'll see what ad blocker takes care of this crap when I get home tonight.

That is the only reason for a software change; to make money. Don't forget that folks. This wasn't changed for us, it was changed for them.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Ads? What ads? I will get used to this as I have to the six or seven changes of format and provider that MR has gone through since 2005 when I joined there.

Qui non proficit deficit.

·
Registered
9,550 Posts
Much easier for them to embed all sorts of ads. I'm on a phone right now but we'll see what ad blocker takes care of this crap when I get home tonight.

That is the only reason for a software change; to make money. Don't forget that folks. This wasn't changed for us, it was changed for them.
Well, I don't dispute for a second that this change was made for VerticalScope's benefit. But I think it is overly cynical to suggest that the change was only made to embed ads.

I've never used an ad blocker, and I don't think there are any more ads now. They're just placed differently.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Hey...look at this as great timing...instead of everyone talking about CV19...we have THIS!!! Man don't ya just love CHANGE!!🤣🤣🤣

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,515 Posts
Hey...look at this as great timing...instead of everyone talking about CV19...we have THIS!!! Man don't ya just love CHANGE!!🤣🤣🤣
CV19......is that a Navy vessel? :)

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The ads seem to be taking up a bit more real estate on the right side than they used to.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,515 Posts
Spence......Try Chrome? Firefox was always a little slower.

Dave, I use an ad blocker and see none.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,515 Posts
Edit, I turned off my ad blocker and I see them.
Very annoying. I turned back on the blocker!

Edit again, I edited wrong and started a new post.
Typed in the wrong spot. :rolleyes:

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,515 Posts
click on your avatar upper right, then "account settings", then click on "preferences", scroll and you will see "content options",
then add a check mark to where "Show people's signatures with their messages Signatures will be collapsed by default" is and the one under it too if you want to see the whole signature.

EDIT, DON'T FORGET TO CLICK SAVE AFTER YOU CHANGED IT.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Big ED,
click on your avatar upper right, then "account settings", then click on "preferences", scroll and you will see "content options",
then add a check mark to where "Show people's signatures with their messages Signatures will be collapsed by default" is and the one under it too if you want to see the whole signature.

EDIT, DON'T FORGET TO CLICK SAVE AFTER YOU CHANGED IT.
Thank you, Big Bill

1 - 20 of 55 Posts