Model Train Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Not that I like changes (any changes) at my age... but it is a bit easier to read

No annoying ads for me - Firefox + NoScript + Privacy Badger

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
One thing I would like to see is a "Mark Forums Read" button at the top of this page: Model Train Forum

I can click on the "NEW" balloon in the upper right, go to the new posts page, and mark them read but it would be nice to have a button at the top of the forums listing page. Don't know if it can be done, but it would be nice.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
One thing I would like to see is a "Mark Forums Read" button at the top of this page: Model Train Forum

I can click on the "NEW" balloon in the upper right, go to the new posts page, and mark them read but it would be nice to have a button at the top of the forums listing page. Don't know if it can be done, but it would be nice.
Each topic area (Union Station etc) has a "Mark All Read" at the top of it.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
For all the Airdales and Twidgets on Carriers...USS Midway Museum San Diego just a thrilling experience and super group of volunteers mostly retired Navy & Marine...as soon as you cross the quarterdeck it smells like diesel...and it smells SWEET!!

Attachments

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,314 Posts
For all the Airdales and Twidgets on Carriers...USS Midway Museum San Diego just a thrilling experience and super group of volunteers mostly retired Navy & Marine...as soon as you cross the quarterdeck it smells like diesel...and it smells SWEET!!
Ahhhhhh, the smell of fresh Diesel in the morning. :)

·
Admin
43,209 Posts

Already there at the top of every forum.

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
I logged in earlier today and it was the same format it has been for a long time.

I log in at 11:30 and see a new format. Right now not as easy to find things. But I guess I'll get used to it.
Like all Interrnet redesigns, it takes awhile to learn the new system. So far it has been a struggle.

Bill

·
Registered
737 Posts
does the new format give the admins an easier way to merge topics? there seems to be at least 2 new format discussions...

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Like all Interrnet redesigns, it takes awhile to learn the new system. So far it has been a struggle.

Bill
It's only new to folks here. The software is a variation of a canned software package that I have seen on other sites.

As with anything else, simply decide you're going to master it and persevere. In a week or two, it will feel like a pair of comfy old slippers.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Don't like the new format, checking out for now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pretty silly reason to quit a forum you are otherwise enjoying, if you ask me.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
How did you get "Quit" out of "Checking out for now?"
Because if he's just leaving for the day why say so? Especially with the tone of everyone else's complaining and saying they'll be visiting less.

But really, why comment? If he's not leaving for good, then he's not being silly, is he?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Because if he's just leaving for the day why say so? Especially with the tone of everyone else's complaining and saying they'll be visiting less.

But really, why comment? If he's not leaving for good, then he's not being silly, is he?
Not sure about the explanation but I'll accept it.

Not picking up all my marbles, just some of them :)
Great people here and a wonderful forum, just a very suspect presentation when compared to the old standard. JMHO.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
One thing I noticed is when you go on it opens with some threads like Union Station or HO Scale and gives the last post as 14 or 15 hours ago. But if you go on the Specific Forums list it will show as a moment ago or 2 hours ago. No big deal but why the inconsistency?

21 - 40 of 44 Posts