Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just my opinion, but I am not a fan of this new format. I didn't see anything wrong with the old one. Could someone tell me the advantage of going to this!!

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Just my opinion, but I am not a fan of this new format. I didn't see anything wrong with the old one. Could someone tell me the advantage of going to this!!
[/QUOTE

More ad revenue for the owners.

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
The new format will take some time for us to get fully acquainted with it. When I came on
today it appeared I was logged on. But when I tried to reply to a post I got a gray screen with no explanation. I noticed JOIN COMMUNITY. This is apparently how you are told
you are not logged on...There should be CLEAR instructions at top of home page for
to show whether or not you are signed in...as well as instructions for new visitors.

The LOOK of the format is very neat and clean...BUT...the new graphic has gotta go...
IT'S A EURO TRAIN...NOT NORTH AMERICAN...this should be changed immediately.

Also, I prefer the FORMAT of the former HOME PAGE showing ALL of the various Forums. It's was much easier to determine what you want to read It now requires you to
go from page to page to see all of the Forums.

The posts on a subjects and their posts SHOULD ALWAYS be in chronological order, latest at top of Forum. Some are, some are not as it is now.

Don

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Also, I prefer the FORMAT of the former HOME PAGE showing ALL of the various Forums. It's was much easier to determine what you want to read It now requires you to
go from page to page to see all of the Forums.
Click on the 5 horizontal bars next to your avatar. That will take you to the forums listing page. Bookmark that page and use it next time you come to the site. It will take you straight to the forums listing page instead of the site's home page.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,884 Posts
Yeck!!!
And I guess we all lost our 'status'.
You can become a premium member for $19.99 will be billed yearly.
Then you get a special badge on your avatar, and less ads.:rolleyes:
Note, I have not seen any ads yet?

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I know that who ever programed this format up is really proud of the work, so far its a UI nightmare. I went thru the New presentation and virtually disagreed with everything. No the Ads are all over and mixup with real content, obviously in an attempt to get you to accidently click on stuff that will make some else money. Too time consuming to get to things I'm interested in.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
I kinda agree with the majority in this post, although so far I haven't had any problems moving around. But in reality, all the majority in the poll asked for was a new header image! And the one we got isn't so wonderful.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Don't like new format. I am too old to learn new tricks. I probably will visit less.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I don't recall the name of this forum being the North American Model Train Forum.

Reactions: ARR

·
Registered
211 Posts
I don't like the new format. In the upper right corner there are 3 dots. Click on it and select dark mode. It seems easier to read.
Ed

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
As with all new things, it will take some getting used to. We all need to suspend judgement for a few days.

Dark mode is good. Speed is much faster (at least for me). Embedded ads are a little more intrusive than the banners and sidebars, but I've gotten so used to it on every other website that it's no big deal anymore.

Yes, things have moved, but the only thing I have found that is really broken are the little emojis.

Reactions: ARR and MacDaddy55

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I don't like the new format. In the upper right corner there are 3 dots. Click on it and select dark mode. It seems easier to read.
Ed
Good idea about "Dark Mode"....something good will come of this!! Much easier on the eyeballs!!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts