Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You may have read on another post about a project I just completed. Well, it's almost complete. The passengers are in process. :)

Ever wonder how Santa's Elves get to work? This is how. The world's only LC+ FT Polar Express ABA. :p

P

·
0 Posts
Looks like the elves have a nice ride. Good for you for taking good care of them. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
I sure they're enjoying riding to work everyday. I see your a Peavey man. I have used Peavey for years.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Nice vid Vol :appl:

C

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the video. Excellent work on the locos. They look, sound and run great.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
You did a great job VOLPHIN:smilie_daumenpos:.
Where's all those passengers I took you to at YORK? Did you get them?:confused:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I sure they're enjoying riding to work everyday. I see your a Peavey man. I have used Peavey for years.
Thanks Denny! That Peavy has been with me a LONG time... I also have an old Peavey TNT as well. Do you still play?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the video. Excellent work on the locos. They look, sound and run great.
Thanks Joe... The hardest part was mixing the paint. I have a new formula using modern paints if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Neat video, you have a lot of seats to fill.

Bill
Yep... 40 seats per passenger car. Good thing I have a while before Christmas! It's going to take a while to craft these elves!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You did a great job VOLPHIN:smilie_daumenpos:.
Where's all those passengers I took you to at YORK? Did you get them?:confused:
I did look them over... and I did buy a bunch of the MTH unpainted figures you spotted in the purple hall for my Pere Marquette streamliner, which is empty right now. The ones in the orange hall were too much $ for too few figures... I have an entire train to fill. Thanks for pointing those Railking figures out! I appreciate it so much!

I did pick up a few standing HO figures at a good price to convert to elves for my Christmas tree display, and the PE streamliner is going to use the HO sized seated figures... and a lot of them! Probably have to Ebay those.

P

·
0 Posts
I am so looking forward to your preparations for Christmas, 2018. :)

·
Registered
8,868 Posts
You are lucky in one way. S-scale people ought to be perfectly "elf" sized.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am so looking forward to your preparations for Christmas, 2018. :)
I'm looking forward to YOURS my friend! Oh how I wish I could see it firsthand one day! It's going to be tremendous! Too bad you couldn't make it to York... I was looking forward to comparing notes!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You are lucky in one way. S-scale people ought to be perfectly "elf" sized.
Lee, I have some S Scale figures that I do know fit... I want to get a bag or two of HO and see if they better match my current elf population. I think the current standing ones are 1:84, the S ones are 1:75 or so...

I'll say this about this set... the passenger car trucks are just pure cost cutting garbage. I may need to drop in some Atlas or MTH trucks. Most of the issues seem to be with couplers loosening up, drooping, then the lame thumbtacks get hung on a switch. I simply can't have that happen when holiday guests are visiting.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Thanks Denny! That Peavy has been with me a LONG time... I also have an old Peavey TNT as well. Do you still play?
My dad bought me a Peavey 300 series bass amp with 2x15 bass speakers back in 1970. The amp fried a long time ago, but I still have the speakers. I also have a 18 inch speaker I used. I played that Peavey for years and just about every kind of music.

I don't play professionally anymore I was in a bad motorcycle accident and my nerve damage makes it really hard to play. The accident was four years ago so I still working on getting my chops back.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts