Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of you are not G scalers but you still might be interested in seeing the new garden railway I installed last summer. I hired a landscape/masonry contractor to build the foundation including a large retaining wall on my sloping backyard. The contractor used four large dump truck loads to fill in the retaining wall. Then I installed the 400 feet of track. It's powered by a Massoth 12 amp Command Station/12 amp DC Power Supply, and controlled by a Massoth DiMax wireless Navigator. The 18 LGB 16000 track switches are controlled by Massoth 1-Channel Track Switch Decoders, also controlled by the Navigator. You can see various LGB locomotives operating on the layout, including the demonstration of a Wye Track for reversing a locomotive's direction, at my YouTube Video Channel: Thomas White - Old Dominion Railways

·
Registered
468 Posts
I love garden railroads. I would have one except for one minor detail, I don't have a yard. I look forward to seeing more. Thank you for sharing. I enjoyed them.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I had a garden railroad for several years and enjoyed it but it became more work than hobby so I gave it up. I'm glad I experienced it and I hope you enjoy yours.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts