Model Train Forum banner

New Guy Joining the Forum

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  sandman 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi, everybody!:)

I'm the new guy here but I've been in the hobby since...OH, GAWD...1971!:eek:

Yea, I know, a long time.

In the "between time" I've been into stick & tissue airplanes, R/C, that was a big bust! :rolleyes: , Model Rockets, boat building (I have a fleet of 4 boats I've built since I live about 1,000' from Lake Huron.) and my biggest passion, woodworking.

As for my screen name, sandman, my wife gave me that name, I always come in the house from my workshop covered in sawdust.

I've been out of the hobby for a long time and I'm ashamed to say my layout has stood idle and collected a lot of dust.

I have a period pike based about the 1900's, obviously all steam. I've loosly patterned it after a "paper railroad" I found documentation for in an old store attic in my home town dated 1896.

There is a bill from a company in Detroit, Michigan for some printing and a letter sent to the Secretary of Railroads concerning the start up of the "LEXINGTON & UTICA RAILROAD"

I have hand layed track, wooden structures and all of my equipment is lettered for the Lexington & Utica Railroad Co. and heavily weathered.

All of my switches are hand thrown and electrically my layout is kind of dated with dual cab common rail. But hey, the last time I was into this hobby nobody had a computer!:eek:

Here's a few pics of the "snow train" being prepped for a big storm.

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
Hi Sandman,
Welcome to the forum and may I ask where do you hail from. Your're doing the Lexington & Utica so maybe your from the Mohawk valley in central NY. or Eastern NY. What up?:D:D:D
Actually it's in Michigan. It was a paper railroad (never really existed). Supposedly to haul logs from Lexington, Michigan to a lumber mull in Utica Michigan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.