Model Train Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I will be honest I have no idea if I'm in the right place or not? I am looking for help or guidance in finding someone who can make a mid-scale train car/shipping container. I have no idea where to start so google told me this would be a good place to start.
I am a full time father of 2 so I dont have any time to make anything or work on projects ever. Full time dad, full time work.
I dont know how this forum works or if there are people on here that pay for work or commission work or what but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, - Dave

·
Registered
890 Posts
I'm not sure there is anyone who does that kind of commission work, but why don't you explain a bit more about what you want and someone may be able to point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hello everyone. I will be honest I have no idea if I'm in the right place or not? I am looking for help or guidance in finding someone who can make a mid-scale train car/shipping container. I have no idea where to start so google told me this would be a good place to start.
I am a full time father of 2 so I dont have any time to make anything or work on projects ever. Full time dad, full time work.
I dont know how this forum works or if there are people on here that pay for work or commission work or what but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, - Dave
Hello Dave tell us a little more about what it is that you are looking to do. You say mid-scale do you know what scale or close that you’re working with? For example mid scale trains would be S or O. O for example would be 1:48 do you know if that’s close to what you need? You picked a great place to start we will do our best to help you out or steer you in the right direction.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,314 Posts
I would think that someone who scratch builds could make one up out of styrene.
Here is the picture of what you want.
Or what do you want different? The name? The size?

f47971_aaa335e10d28434f9ff1a224ac41bd3e_mv2_d_5760_3840_s_4_2.jpg

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,314 Posts

Thanks, - Dave

You can buy one?

75 bucks here, there are more places that have them.
https://theawesomer.com/cargo-container-tissue-box-2/479152/

Edit, says it is made out of iron?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello all again, Sorry about the delay in replying. I will try to answer all questions to all people that replied to me in order as I see them on the forum. Not sure if this is how it works or not because this is all new to me, but here goes...
@Tom_C if you see @BigEd post a few below mine it shows the picture of the yellow shipping container with the pens and tissue box built in it. This is what I am looking for or to have made but custom color and other name on it.
@CousinEddy I'm not good with scale but looking at the picture of the yellow train shipping container I would guess that its roughly 12" long x 6" tall x 6"wide (give or take) I'm sure there is exacts on the site I found that picture I just dont know what it is currently. I have not had time to do much research on it yet.
I tried emailing a few places that I saw them on sites that all seem to be overseas or china related but responses back did not sell them custom.
@BigEd Yes that picture is exactly what I am looking for but custom color and differnt company name on the side. They picture and description say they are metal but if I cant get a custom one in metal I would be willing to try other products if end result looks the same.
@Tom_C Sorry about the double post, I was not sure where to post and so I posted here in the new here page and then I saw the member to member looking for buy page and posted there as well just in case. I wasnt sure which one I was supposed to post at and didnt want to upset anyone or break any forum rules or anything.
I think that covers everyone. So once again any help in this matter or how to get or make one of these custom would be great help. Thanks.

·
Registered
890 Posts
@Tom_C if you see @BigEd post a few below mine it shows the picture of the yellow shipping container with the pens and tissue box built in it. This is what I am looking for or to have made but custom color and other name on it.
Yeah, I saw that in your other thread. It's best to only have 1 threads else you get answers spread out all over the place and it's difficult to keep track.

I think someone posted a link to a site that would make a custom run, but you had to buy 75 units. One idea might be to buy the one you want, then contact a local art supply house or art school and ask if they could repaint and stencil it.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,314 Posts
Yeah, I saw that in your other thread. It's best to only have 1 threads else you get answers spread out all over the place and it's difficult to keep track.

I think someone posted a link to a site that would make a custom run, but you had to buy 75 units. One idea might be to buy the one you want, then contact a local art supply house or art school and ask if they could repaint and stencil it.
Yes, if you want a certain name on it, it is the 75 you must buy.
But for $75 you can buy one.
Then have it redone with the name you want. I think they just sell one?
What name did you want on it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, if you want a certain name on it, it is the 75 you must buy.
But for $75 you can buy one.
Then have it redone with the name you want. I think they just sell one?
What name did you want on it?
I never even thought about that, that's a good idea. I might have to look into that. Thanks.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,314 Posts
I never even thought about that, that's a good idea. I might have to look into that. Thanks.
I don't know what name you are looking for, but it wouldn't be hard to repaint it.
Depending on the name.......the lettering would be the hardest to do.

Depending on what name you are looking for. :smokin:

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,314 Posts
Sam Flynn Container House?

Couldn't find any decals for that, but there are all kinds of lettering decals on the market.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,314 Posts
You will need 3 of them to build that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts