Model Train Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with very limited space and funds I am on my way, first I purchased an entire layout on an online tag auction a few months back, once we got it home it was obvious some changes were going to be needed so, ...tore out the mountain and the entire upper level, added to the legs and got it on wheels! Expanded by a foot all the way around. I am open to suggestions planning on painting the edges of the homasote so to resist moisture. This is in the garage, I am hoping to put a through the wall heat A/C unit in to make year round use possible and to obviously cut down on humidity. Thoughts, suggestions are ALWAYS welcome, It won't be the empire that I sometimes see here but it will be a place to let my stock roll!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Buy a dehumidifier before next spring.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Looks good for a start. You can expand some of the outer curves and add some track. Don’t do what the original builder did and that was to go to the very edge of the table with your track work. It’s good to have a decent border in case of a derailment or for scenery.

Looks like my garage! Soon to be finished and climate control added. Then I can start my layout!

Tom

Reactions: Booly15

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Actually weeding some stuff out. The market seems to be working well for sellers, so I am selling off some stuff I probably will not use…

Tom

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I need to do that, I just never find the time to organize for selling!
Yes, it is time consuming. Especially selling stuff I need to unpack, photograph and repack. I have been selling some railroad locks and lanterns. I have them displayed, so they go up on eBay pretty easily.

Been doing well on eBay lately. Model wise, I have sold 6 locomotives and a number of passenger cars in the past month. I don’t get ridiculous with the pricing, so the stuff seems to sell quickly.

Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts