Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

My name is Logan Thurman and I'm new here. I just joined this forum as a means to connect with other HO Scale Model railroaders in my age group of 20-25 years. And I'd like to share some modeling I've been doing in my past and what I have planned now. My father got me into trains when I was only 3 years old and I still enjoy them to this day. When I was only 5 years old here in the state of Montana the SP&S Class E-1 4-8-4 #700 came through the state and I fell in love with it. As I got older, I researched about her and discovered the Northern Pacific actually designed the 4-8-4 locomotive with the help of Alco and classed it the Northern Type(Previously Northern Pacific Type). I discovered the SP&S 700 was a oil burning version of the NP's A-3 class 4-8-4s, but I found out about the A-2 4-8-4 and how it was the direct predecessor to the A-3 and had to get that locomotive...Now I'm a die hard Northern Pacific Railway Fan of the 1930s and own a Precision Scale Brass A-2 4-8-4 #2652 at only the age of 22... Yikes... I really worked hard to make that money from my machining career I've started all but last year... One day I hope to join a Steam Railway group to machine new parts for old steam locomotives...

Thanks,
Logan Thurman

P. S. I also have designed Proto 87 steam locomotive drivers for the Southern Pacific GS-3 4-8-4...

NP A-2 4-8-4 #2652

My Custom SP GS-3 4-8-4 Drivers in MasterCAM...

The Main Drivers manufactured as Proto 87...

With Tires Added

Tires

Without Tires added

23 Posts
Welcome Logan! I am also new here. Just turned 60, so I'm no in your age group. And live in Michigan which is a good distance from you.
I hope you meet up with some great people here.

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,021 Posts
Welcome to the forum Logan.
Start a thread in the HO section, show the HO guys your skills.

If you need to know something ask away, you should get some help.
If you can add anything but all means do.

Cruise the forums as the other scales might be of help to you.
Modeling is modeling, some just a little larger some smaller.

When you say machining career, I am guessing you machine other parts beside RR parts? Or are you only into making RR parts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I machine anything, I'm a certified Machinist, but when I have extra time I like to make train parts for HO Scale models...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts