Model Train Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Big Ed

The bottles are creamer bottles. They were used for adding cream to coffee and i guess tea.

I have had the bottles for many years. They may be reproductions, or not, makes no difference to me I liked them and they were not expensive. I also liked the plates and silverware marked by the railroads, but those were really costly, so I bought other things. I do have original locks, lanterns, matches etc. I also have some cancelled railroad stock certificates.

Yes, I have elected to not do any more wiring as I can't work under the table like I could 20 years ago. Stringing wire and making 200-300 electrical connections is not high on my priority list.

P

·
0 Posts
You have a beautiful collection. Welcome to the MTF.

You might want to consider posting to the O-Gauge topic where most of us in that gauge hang out. If you look at the number of new threads and posts for the O-Gauge topic, you will note that.

T

·
0 Posts
Wow! This is great stuff. Especially the Seattle Union Station. You should be posting these on the O Gauge Section of this Forum. Very impressive. Thanks for sharing.

Emile

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Seattle Union Station model

Wow! This is great stuff. Especially the Seattle Union Station. You should be posting these on the O Gauge Section of this Forum. Very impressive. Thanks for sharing.

Emile
Emile;

I think you may be confused about who built what in the photos in this thread. Thanks for the compliment on my model of Seattle Union Station. My scratch-built/ kitbashed model is N-scale, so there wouldn't be much point in posting it on the O-scale forum. It is already in the "Structures" form.

The nice Lionel layout, and collection, are by LionelFan, not me (Traction Fan) He has already posted his photos of his great-looking layout, and collection, in the O-scale forum.

Traction Fan:smilie_daumenpos:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thank you!

I have been having just a few problems getting mine to run dependably, due to the electrical twist connectors on my wiring. The wiring is approaching 20-years old now.

I spent some time this week soldering some of the connections and that has helped. I also took some time to pull my engines and lube them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
lot of cars!
Hello firescales!

I came from a model railroading family. My father liked model railroading and we started building HO trains during the the late 1950's.

I started getting interested again in railroading in 1975 and had a nice running N scale layout in an extra bedroom. While I liked the N scale, what I really liked was the rattling, banging, clattering sound of an O gauge train running! So in 1980 I started buying Lionel.

My O equipment was bought a bit here and a bit there over many years. I still have a good amount of cars and Lionel equipment still in the boxes stored and never used.

While I no longer build, I still run my railroad often and I never tire of the the sound of a vintage Lionel whistle, or the clatter of an O gauge engine and cars moving along the rails.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts