Model Train Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. It's been a long time since I was on a online forum and it took about 15 minutes to figure out how to introduce myself! I'm a N scaler, member of a model railroad club in the Chicago area.

·
Registered
647 Posts
ya say HI then show us them pics hahahahahahahaha WELCOME and very glad to have a fellow N SCALER aboard YEPPERS now back to them pics (oh wait i think ya have ta wait ) bummer. hahahahahahaha

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,977 Posts
Welcome to the site.
If ya need to know something don't be afraid to ask.
Someone should help.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
welcome, lots of good people here if you need any thing answered.

i have an N scale in a 20" X 36" coffee table.

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Hello all. It's been a long time since I was on a online forum and it took about 15 minutes to figure out how to introduce myself! I'm a N scaler, member of a model railroad club in the Chicago area.
dstonelocpic;

Welcome to the forum! We are a loose and friendly group here, so feel free to jump in and contribute to any threads that interest you. Also any questions you ask will be answered. Once you have five or more posts here you will be able to attach photos, if you want to. Directions for posting photos are in the "Forum News, Updates, and Help" section.
I am a long-time N-scaler too. I model part of the Milwaukee Road near Seattle, in the 1920s & 1950s. The photos below show my mostly scratch-built N-scale model of Seattle Union Station.

again welcome;

Traction Fan :smilie_daumenpos:

Seattle Union Station concourse end 2.JPG

Seattle Union Station 5.JPG

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Hello, welcome.
Use the User Control Panel (User CP link at top) to add some info about yourself, like scales modeled, city or state. You can add a signature line also that will show up in you posts.

And of course upload a pic for an avatar!

·
Banned
201 Posts
Welcome, my huge N scale layout comprises mostly all kinds of high speed trains. Kato, Tomix, GreenMax, MicroAce selections are practically endless, hundreds go just like that. It's been a while, though, me without buying an N scale high speed shinkansen set, I'm waiting for new ones to show up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome aboard!

dstonelocpic;

Welcome to the forum! We are a loose and friendly group here, so feel free to jump in and contribute to any threads that interest you. Also any questions you ask will be answered. Once you have five or more posts here you will be able to attach photos, if you want to. Directions for posting photos are in the "Forum News, Updates, and Help" section.
I am a long-time N-scaler too. I model part of the Milwaukee Road near Seattle, in the 1920s & 1950s. The photos below show my mostly scratch-built N-scale model of Seattle Union Station.

again welcome;

Traction Fan :smilie_daumenpos:

View attachment 505406

View attachment 505408
Really nice work,I also new here.Looking forward to seeing more.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Really nice work,I also new here.Looking forward to seeing more.
cjp53;

Thank you. Here are some more pics of my structures. I also have some files on building a layout. If you want them I will send copies to you.

Traction Fan 🙂

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
cjp53;

Thank you. Here are some more pics of my structures. I also have some files on building a layout. If you want them I will send copies to you.

Traction Fan 🙂
I built a water tower like yours but can't find the right size water spout.Where did you get yours?I need two of them.I was forced to use the smaller ones available at a couple websites.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I built a water tower like yours but can't find the right size water spout.Where did you get yours?I need two of them.I was forced to use the smaller ones available at a couple websites.
cjp53;

My water tower is scratchbuilt from basswood and the spout is also scratchbuilt, from rolled and soldered brass sheet, and brass tubing. The shingled roof is made from Campbell's HO-scale shingles with extra cuts and closer spacing, to make them look N-scale. I've used the same shingle technique on several structures, including the covered bridge and the lighthouse keeper's cottage, shown below.The "water" inside my water tank is cast epoxy.

Your water tower looks very good. Fine work! (y)

Traction Fan 🙂

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
cjp53;

My water tower is scratchbuilt from basswood and the spout is also scratchbuilt, from rolled and soldered brass sheet, and brass tubing. The shingled roof is made from Campbell's HO-scale shingles with extra cuts and closer spacing, to make them look N-scale. I've used the same shingle technique on several structures, including the covered bridge and the lighthouse keeper's cottage, shown below.The "water" inside my water tank is cast epoxy.

Your water tower looks very good. Fine work! (y)

Traction Fan 🙂
Mine is completely basswood,even the shingles are hand cut.Man that took a while lol.Brass used for the spout?How did you flair it out?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine is completely basswood,even the shingles are hand cut.Man that took a while lol.Brass used for the spout?How did you flair it out?
I see now how you did it with brass sheets.It did not register at first.Senior moment.lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts