Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My white squirrel buddy, been around for a few years. The feral cats haven't gotten to him,
001.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
YET, but on that day I will open a jihad on them...

·
Registered
8,609 Posts
Very cool! I imagine that white is rather rare for a squirrel?

I haven’t seen any white squirrels up here, even in the Great White North! :LOL:

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
I have never seen a white squirrel. There is a town across the river from me here that have many of them.
Their police cars have a white squirrel on the front doors. The town is kinda famous for their white squirrels.
The town is in Illinois.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very cool! I imagine that white is rather rare for a squirrel?

I haven’t seen any white squirrels up here, in ethenGreat White North! :LOL:
I don't know if it's rare or not.. In Romulus,NY, they have a large herd of white-tail deer that are indeed white. They're called pie-bald, and of course the local community is all about saving them, and not allowing hunting.. I call it "the other white meat".

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
There are white squirrels here in my town as well not to mention black, gray, regular brown squirrels. There are not a lot of white ones but they are around. A gray one and a black one visits my yard just about every day until I let my dog out. He is tethered so he can't catch them. They run up the tree next to my house just high enough to tease my dog who barks at them and tries to jump up to get them. Funny to watch. Mopac, I think the town in Illinois you are thinking of is Olney although Olney is no where near the river.

Kenny

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
Kenny, after some research, you are correct. Home of the White Squirrel is Olney, Illinois.
About 150 miles due east of me. Not just across the river.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts