Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The DC/DCC Switch Panel is a product that we have been asked for many times and it's finally here. Easily wire your layout for DC/DCC and control it with the flick of a switch! Simple wiring will get you up and running in no time. LEDs give a bright visual indication of which "mode" is selected, even from across the room. Use one for a whole small layout or use multiple panels for multiple mainline track layouts. (Remember to isolate between the mainlines!) Comes with or without custom fascia panel. Fits very nicely on 1/2" plywood benchwork panels.

Here are some pictures of the shipping version:

dcdccsw001.jpg

dcdccsw002.jpg dcdccsw003.jpg

Pricing:

With Fascia Panel $12

Without Fascia Panel $10

Order today at: http://rpc-electronics.com/dcdccswitch.php

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pictures don't show up.
I see that now. Thanks for the heads up. Not sure why they are not showing. I'm hosting the photos directly from my website and they are showing up fine in other forums. I'll check into it.

In the meantime, if you check out the link, you'll see the same pictures on the website.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
How come some of the lettering is backwards??

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I just checked one of the boards and I don't see any lettering backwards. Can you tell me specifically what you see?
In the link.
Bottom left picture

OOps

I was looking at it upside down :eek:hwell:

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Well, wow -- we are just talking about this in the "revitalizing an ancient layout DC layout thread" in the HO forum.

I need to take a closer look now at this ...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, wow -- we are just talking about this in the "revitalizing an ancient layout DC layout thread" in the HO forum.

I need to take a closer look now at this ...
Seems to be a popular option. That's why I created this product. Many people came to me at train shows looking for an elegant solution they could add to an existing layout, especially with multiple main lines. The only trick is, each main line needs to be isolated from each other.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I fixed the pictures.
Thank you! Can you tell me what was wrong? I'm used to using the [ img ] [ /img ] (no spaces) tags and just putting the URL to the image between them. Works on other forums, but didn't want to work here. I would like to know so I can avoid making work for someone else (you).

Thanks!

·
Admin
43,794 Posts
I can't say, they just wouldn't link that way. I ended up downloading then and then uploading them direct to the forum. That's the sure-fire way to get graphics to display here, there are occasional issues linking from websites, however most of the time it does work.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can't say, they just wouldn't link that way. I ended up downloading then and then uploading them direct to the forum. That's the sure-fire way to get graphics to display here, there are occasional issues linking from websites, however most of the time it does work.
Ah, ok! Thanks! I'll know that for next time. Funny, for years forums went away from allowing direct upload because they didn't want to store the data, so they forced you to host it elsewhere. I think that's why sites like Photobucket got popular. I have always had rpc-electronics.com and ke4nyv.com to use as a "hosting" server for my images, then I could direct link them in forums. I guess I'll go back to uploading at this site.

Thanks, again!

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
My only suggestion would have been to use a locking toggle so it could not be bumped inadvertently from the selected position.

These switches use a toggle that must be pulled up slightly to change positions. Commonly found in aerospace applications where switch position is sometimes critical to safety or operations.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
options

My only suggestion would have been to use a locking toggle so it could not be bumped inadvertently from the selected position.

These switches use a toggle that must be pulled up slightly to change positions. Commonly found in aerospace applications where switch position is sometimes critical to safety or operations.
Could use something like this red cover
Holds switch to one position when closed

or the locking attachment

Attachments

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Toggle cover is not a good idea. If you've ever seen one of these open in operation, it's worse than the toggle switch by itself.

John's idea is probably the best. Can't be bumped into a different position.

Locking toggles are expensive for a reason. It is an absolute positive control over a circuit that cannot be accidentally turned on or off.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
gunrunnerjohn
"...make an inexpensive product into an expensive one. "

As a former Electric Utility Design Engineer, I resemble that remark!

Michaele
"...If you've ever seen one of these open in operation, it's worse than the toggle switch by itself...."
I have had the cover on a winch controller in my truck for years, it keeps power turned off effectively and is no trouble to use.

Hijack off.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
A toggle cover is used to keep from inadvertently turning a circuit on or off depending upon which way it's facing.

In the case you describe, where is the safety feature of accidentally turning off your winch controller while in operation if that toggle cover is accidentally bumped closed?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It would be very easy to simply mount this behind the bench work, with a window cut out, effectively recessing it, making the switch almost flush with the surface. I have also seen plenty of layouts with a control/interface panel that is set at an angle or up high enough where it's hard to bump into.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts