Model Train Forum banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Working on the final track laying. Now to wire it all up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
All wired and running good! Spent some time doing some switching and moving cars around. All manual switches for user interface. Lots of fun!! Now on to scenery and adding buildings.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Some of you have seen the new layout I have started, so I'm going to start my own thread here. Started doing some wiring on the frame of the central part of the layout this evening. I am using ground busses to run 12 gauge wire from the TIU unit to various points of the layout. I will then use smaller drop leads from the track to feed off of the busses. I am planning on having the two variable voltage channels of the TIU to run the main level. One channel will be used for the continuous main line, the other to run a "working line" where my kids and I can move cars around and put them out onto the main. I also plan to have various sidings the can be turned on and off from toggle switches along the main line. I have a mix of conventional, Lion chiefs, TMCC, and MTH dcs units that will be used on the layout. The plan is to have them all sitting on the layout most of the time. My main source of power will be an older ZW transformer which I have 10 amp fuses between the transformer and the input of the TIU. Maybe some of you guys can answer this for me. If I am using the same transformer through all channels of the TIU, can all of the track leads go to the same ground bus? Or should they have their own ground?

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Clark Kent is from Smallville. Are you going to have his alter identity on your layout?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Clark Kent is from Smallville. Are you going to have his alter identity on your layout?
Scroll up a few posts and watch the video. More may come, but that's what I have for now.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
One window replaced. One more and I can complete the platform.

I had block glass installed in my basement windows too. Lets a lot of light in, but no one can see in.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Working on rough framing of the mountain. Planning on using expanding foam to give it shape.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts