Model Train Forum banner

81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Just read this thread. Nice layout! It appears that you are using some flex track? What brand? Are you using them on curves, and if so, are you using a tool to get the shape correct?

Very impressive work in a short time.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Just read this thread. Nice layout! It appears that you are using some flex track? What brand? Are you using them on curves, and if so, are you using a tool to get the shape correct?

Very impressive work in a short time.
Gargraves track. All hand bent to large radius curves. But most of my curves are sectional track.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
The scenery is looking good.

The foam mountain technique is intriguing. I'd be interested in your finishing technique.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Nice. I'm in a similar stage of layout construction. It will be awhile before I add scenery as I'm presently into restoring prewar tinplate. Leaning towards using the foam for mountains, hills, etc. Thx for the idea.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Dang...this is all completely awesome! Wish my basement was big enough to do something similar. Keep up the awesome work. It has been fun to look at.

·
Registered
96 Posts
What a great idea, the foam for making mountains, that is. I don't have the patience i had when I was younger to do fine detailed modeling. I want to plug and play these days. The foam idea certainly makes scenery building a simpler process.

81 - 100 of 117 Posts