·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sign me up.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Har... I don't know about that one but there's at least 4-5 or so compounds I've read about that MAY do something and are in various trials or have been.

• remdesivir -- IV at the hospital, one trial showed positive results so now in use but ... more trials, limited availability all that
  • a drug from Fuji -- its an antiviral that shows some promise but it also may cause birth defects. don't have name handy, don't feel like looking it up.
  • a combo of hiv and other drugs -- a trial in hong kong i think showed some efficacy
  • famotidine -- this one is interesting, it appears to have some antiviral activity even though its for acid reflux. data is mostly associative right now. off the shelf, cheap and readily available!
  • interferon -- apparently the little critter appears to mangle our natural interferon "circuit" and so giving it may help
no cures. the closest to taking a tic-tac and being about your business is famotidine and it's not clear how effective it is. And so I don't doubt we are by the end of summer going to be arguing over "this X reduces the risk of death in Y year olds and others ... so get to work!"

Ok so maybe THC... sure why not -- maybe that'll help! We'll pass the joints at the big meetings. Maybe everyone can get on board!!!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Here's a recent write up in some studies that don't look so good.

Anyway I'm not advocating, just reporting...

I don't think a cure is likely, though welcome. To me that means the compound kills 100% of it in your body and basically appears to work for everyone, all ages etc...

But maybe something that chops or even brings the death risk to near zero for just about everyone...

More likely is a reduction. Then we get back to how much risk are folks feeling ok with?

I could see say that and the universal wearing of N95 masks in all situations as maybe being a plausable course until vaccine ... Better compounds etc.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I read where a woman who has used Hydroxy for many years to treat Lupus has been diagnosed with Covid 19.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Figures...I just sprayed my yard with Weed-B-Gon!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I think here you can get it at ...you know they call it medical mj. I've seen the signs at least.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I didn't realize that all those weeds in my garden are so valuable. I've been throwing them away.
If they are "wildwood weeds" then you need to harvest them, dry them, and, well, it's up to you what to do next.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think you are correct. Why not take a substance that makes you not care. It will be presidential.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I must have missed out on the memo (pm) that says we can talk politics and make political comments because the last memo I received said don't do it.

Since weed is now legal in Canada it looks like one of them here spends his days in the weed patch. 😜

·
Registered
493 Posts
You are right Frisco, it's just so blasted hard to resist nowadays. I'm just gonna try to be good. :)

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
You are right Frisco, it's just so blasted hard to resist nowadays. I'm just gonna try to be good. :)
I like political conversation and comments. But I get a pm saying not to do it. Just wondering how others are getting away with it when it's against John's rules.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.