Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received the 2 AEC boxcars yesterday from RMT Trains. RMT is currently using the same rolling stock manufacture as Menards Trains. The AEC boxcars are very nice, the paint is a dull red, not sure if I would have preferred a bright red but these are A-OK. A lot of graphics and warnings on the boxcars. No issues with wheel spacing, very free wheeling and the couplers work as expected. Price was $30 each, $10 higher than what Menards charges for their rolling stock, but if you want some AEC boxcars, RMT is the only game in town.

I must say Walter is on top of his shipping. Ordered Friday, received Monday. USPS Priority mail.

Bill

P5050007.JPG

P5050010.JPG

P5050012.JPG

P5050008.JPG

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Nice looking cars. You must have gotten very lucky with shipping through the USPS. Everything I've ordered recently has taken 2-3 weeks where it'd normally be 2-3 days. Although it seems like most of my packages moved along just fine until they reached the area distribution center and then moved on to the local post office.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
They look better, but Neolube gets all over everything.
Never knew that was a problem. So I checked some box cars I did a few years ago. A little rubbed off on my thumb. I suppose since its a lube, it can always be rubbed off. But for this application, where the side of the wheel never gets touched, it works for me.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Bill, anyone, how do Menards and RMT boxcars compare in size to Lionel 6464s or Williams? I know Williams are the same as old KMT which are the same height as 6464s but maybe a 1/4" longer.

Pete

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Current Williams box cars are the same as Menards and RMT (identical except for livery). Lionel 9700 box cars (which are the same size as the 6464 series I believe) are about ¾” shorter, 3/8” narrower and 1/8” smaller in height.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts