Model Train Forum banner

New to forum

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Stan kolak 
#1 ·
I'm new to this forum and was wondering if there is an area dealing with structure building or scenery construction? I look forward to contributing and reading the threads. I am just starting to build a set-up with my son.

Have a blessed day

Jim

#3 ·
Scenery

I also am more into scenery and buildings. Describe what type of working area you desire for scenery. I usually set up a downtown area of stores, a residentual house area, and, if room, an industrial area. If you call out a "total table area" , I can give you sugggestions from my 5ft by 10 ft area.

#4 ·
Stan kolak said:
I also am more into scenery and buildings. Describe what type of working area you desire for scenery. I usually set up a downtown area of stores, a residentual house area, and, if room, an industrial area. If you call out a "total table area" , I can give you sugggestions from my 5ft by 10 ft area.
Do you have any pics of your layout? I have a feeling I'm going to be really into the scenery side of things. Thanks

#5 ·
ffgerm, scenery

Will try to gert my wife to send some pix's out. Look for train shows in your area, (flea markets). Can get presembled bldgs for same price as kits, cuts down labor. Lighting can be cheap. Cut hole in bottom of bldg. Buy a set of x-mas lites, cheap. Get some 12 V transformers at a computer flea markert, look at church trift stores also. Dissemble the light set, and set up 4 lamps in a string to each trasnformer. good lick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.