Model Train Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've been on various forums, possibly this one also. Although if I was I have no idea what my old user name was. I fooled around with American Flyer S Scale when I was very young, back in the mid 1950s. In the early 1960s I became interested in HO. In my late teens I started building Radio Controlled Model Airplanes and built and flew them for 20 years. When that hobby became overwhelmed by Almost Ready To Fly (RTF) and building kits took a back seat for the main stream R/C Hobbyist, I lost interest and came to Model Railroading again. I have been building my layout, since 1988. I model the Northern Pacific in 1953 and the local I model is the Butte Shortline, a split in the N.P.'s mainline that ran from Logan Montana, through Butte Montana and on to Garrison montana. The Butte Shortline was primarily a passenger line. Since the grades and curves are tight on this mountainous line, I run both passenger and short freights on my layout. I've been having fun with this layout for 32 years and although to my chagrin kits in model railroading are going "By the Boards", too, I'm still enjoying myself!

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Welcome.

Layout photos are always appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts