Model Train Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally made a score worth talking about and I'm pretty excited about it. The big items were the bachmann EZ command, a box of ez track (not all pictured) and 2 bachmann DCC locomotives (GP40 and F7A). The fluff was 9 DC locomotives (1 steam, 4 powered F7A and 4 dummy B units), 4 lighted passenger cars 4 other cars and 2 DC power packs. There are a few broken details and couplers, but everything works!

Ok, to be fair is mostly bachmann Hawthorne village stuff... but!... they all run well and these locomotives are actually pretty decent quality. Some will get repainted and decoders added. A few might just get sold off. The passenger cars will get new paint for sure. These have an interesting coupler setup that let's them run on tighter radius I assume. The couplers are body mounted, but swivel with the trucks. I dint have a lot of experience and don't have a ton of passenger cars, but I hadn't seen this setup before.

The EZ command, or the GP and the F7 are worth what I paid alone ($125). So I'm pretty excited about it.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,375 Posts
There was a Bachmann EZ DCC set that included the EZ controller,
the GP40 and the FA unit as well as several cars and
an oval of EZ track. I saw it at a Hobby Shop for over 300.00
Then not long after I found it in a broker's store room. Made a
deal for it and a good number of cars for about the same amount.
The locos are very good running, quiet and powerful. Keep 'em.

Bargains are out there for those who poke around on the
web and garage sales.

Don

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
The couplers the Hawthrone passenger cars have are the same on the few I have helps them make the tighter turns and almost wish they had them as options to add to other passenger cars...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts