Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the hobby and I just got a TON of stuff from a family member that has past away. I am not sure were to start. Is there any good books that will help me get started? I thought that I would start here how ever when you don't know anything about this hobby it is hard to do searches to find info. I am looking for tips on wiring, set up and how to get all this stuff to work. I do not have any Locomotives yet and would like to know what kind are good without breaking the bank. Thanks for any help.

·
Yard Master & Research
10,693 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
One place to start is to look up the manufacturers of the pieces you have now. You may find manuals or instruction sheets. Determine your particular interest and go from there. Also try to date your pieces. This is a good place to start.:)

·
Schizophrenic Engineer
3,076 Posts
t-man is right.

I would like to know what scale the stuff is. If you can post some pic it will help us help you. We want to help keep this great hobby alive.

John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I will try and get some pics posted. How do you find out the year of this type of stuff. The track that I have is Atlas snap track (I think) and the scale is HO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts