Model Train Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

I'm sorta new to this hobby. I received loniel Traons (O Guage) when I was a child - I'm 62 now. I would put them up for my kids every so often but nothing serious. I am now a grandfather and I gave them to my grandson and of course all the things that were not working or missing are still in the same condition but now the pressure is on - my grandson is actually interested

so some questions

I would like to try to fix as much as possible myself and I was wondering if there is one or two books that can be recomended, maybe a website that may have great info. For example, I had a problem with the transformer (Type ZW) which I fixed but it still has an issue with the whistle. From what I could read there are waffer's(????) that need to be replaced. I would love to be able to read some instructions or manuals to fix.

Is there a place (website) that you can purchase silly things - I'm missing little men and the roof from an operating tower 445-59) and bulbs and beacons,...............

Thank you so much for your time. I'm sure this is a repeat request.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
NNLogistics, welcome to the forum! Let me suggest that you repost your questions in the O gauge section, which is what most Lionels are. You'll find there are people there who are very knowledgeable and can give you leads on websites with manuals, where to by parts, and how to fix and restore. In fact, you might want to read through the list of threads there---chances are, your questions have already been asked and answered.

Nice to have you join us!

·
16,666 Posts
NNL,

Welcome to the forum, and a big congrats to you for having grandkids who like trains!

This website has links to dozens and dozens of pdf-scanned Lionel service manuals, parts lists, etc.

http://pictures.olsenstoy.com/searchcd1.htm

Also, this book (which contains much of the above) is the bible for post-war (WWII) Lionel train info ...

http://www.amazon.com/Greenbergs-Repair-Operating-1945-1969-Manuals/dp/0897784553

Lots of options for dealers who have Lionel parts. I like Jeff Kane at the Train Tender, www.ttender.com

Post some pics of what you have. We can certainly try to help you get things running again ... Those grandkids gotta have some fun!

TJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts