Model Train Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dear friend who made my quartering jigs, wheel puller, axle and wheel installer, has made me a new tool.He made a jig that you install a wheel into, and using my drill press, you simply push down and out pops the wheel from the white insulator..COOL!! In some instances the outside diameter of the wheel rim will measure several thousandths more than the majority of the wheels. You simply turn the jig around and use the other side, as my buddy made the other side a little bigger.Then he also made a fixture where you insert the blind driver to remove the flange-less rim...I'll post pictures probably after 9 this evening as I have car show stuff the rest of today. Stay tuned..

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Boy, that sure makes things easy to separate a wheel into its component parts. Great idea using the drill press vs. a hammer to beat the pieces out. Maybe you and your friend should start a cottage industry making specialty tools for "Flyer"guys, although it would be a small group of buyers.

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Dandy tools flyernut. I am envious of all your AF tools. I think I will just send you my wheel work. Let me know when you get a tool to cut a groove in a rim for a pulmor tire.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts