Model Train Forum banner

Newby

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  bradimous1 
#1 ·
Just found this site from Google search. I like what I see so far. Used to post to another site and can't get back in! :p

I plan to set up a HO shelf layout in my study sometime soon; have a Bachmann steam loco and a few cars stashed. I like the 1930s period; my granddad was an engineer on MoPac Lines in that era.

#3 ·
Hi Bob,

Welcome. I stumbled on this site myself a few months ago. I am completely amazed at what I've been able to learn from so many "pros" here on the site who offer their tips and experience so willingly. So ...

Stick around, ping us with questions, post photos of your stuff (!!!), share a few laughs, and have fun!

Any old pics of grandpa on a train that you might share?

TJ

#7 ·
Hey Bob, welcome to this forum!:thumbsup:

I, too, am a newbie. I used to model railroad when I was a kid back in the late 70's, but life got in the way:laugh:

Only been back into it for a couple of months, and its way cool!

I can't believe how much its changed since I was a kid...

Cheers, Ian

#8 · (Edited)
Imatt, I had an 027 Lionel layout in my younger days (couple centuries ago!) and have been away from the hobby all these years. When I retired in '06 I decided it was time I got back to it. Have a few construction projects to get done first.

Thanks for the welcome all.

No pics of grandpa convenient; may be able to find a couple when we get fully unpacked here. I believe his run was from St Louis to KC and back. He was from Germany and probably learned to drive trains there.

#9 ·
I'm a stumbler as well... and have picked up some great tips and ideas from these guys... don't hesitate to ask anything, as they are mad scientists at work, so if you can dream it, they have probably tried it. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.