Model Train Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have nine Tin-Plate (Thanks Lee) beer cars from Ets. - (Czech Republic)

Do I refer to them as tin-plate

and

do I weight them using NMRA standards

Thank you - MrToad

Attachments

·
Registered
8,640 Posts
Yep. I'd do both. And I'd keep the weight added as low as possible (stick on lead weights on the underside right in the middle).

And NICE CARS!!!!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Yep. I'd do both. And I'd keep the weight added as low as possible (stick on lead weights on the underside right in the middle).

And NICE CARS!!!!
When you say "middle", do you mean the middle front-to-back or the middle side-to-side?

My thinking for stability is: middle front-to-back and two strips at the sides rather than one strip in the middle side-to-side.

But I defer to your experience ...

·
Registered
8,640 Posts
When you say "middle", do you mean the middle front-to-back or the middle side-to-side?

My thinking for stability is: middle front-to-back and two strips at the sides rather than one strip in the middle side-to-side.

But I defer to your experience ...
Middle both ways. But enough stick on weights might cover all the space from side to side and much of the available space front to back, too.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GRJ

In the thread "" Your Favorite Novel "" there is a photo of all nine tinplate cars

Not a good photo, but a photo none-the-less

MrToad

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
for GRJ

Opening side doors and Brakeman's Cabin in rear

MrToad
That's a classic! 40 and 8 box car. 40 Hommes/8 Chevaux. 40 men or 8 horses. Pop rode one of them from Casablanca to Oran on his way to the Gustav Line as a First Lieutenant with 337th.

Those cars were used all throughout Europe and have an interesting history in both WW. Even a society formed around the soldiers who rode them!

Where can I get one?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RKenny - Please expand and tell us more about the cars

""That's a classic! 40 and 8 box car. 40 Hommes/8 Chevaux. 40 men or 8 horses. Pop rode one of them from Casablanca to Oran on his way to the Gustav Line as a First Lieutenant with 337th..Those cars were used all throughout Europe and have an interesting history in both WW. Even a society formed around the soldiers who rode them!""

Thanks - MrToad

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RKenny - Please expand and tell us more about the cars

""That's a classic! 40 and 8 box car. 40 Hommes/8 Chevaux. 40 men or 8 horses. Pop rode one of them from Casablanca to Oran on his way to the Gustav Line as a First Lieutenant with 337th..Those cars were used all throughout Europe and have an interesting history in both WW. Even a society formed around the soldiers who rode them!""

Thanks - MrToad

1 - 16 of 16 Posts