Model Train Forum banner
21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
They did a similar change in Ebay motors a few years ago and it was as you said change just to change I found a work around for that, thanks for posting the work around for this, my employer likes to do this kind of stuff with our computer based stuff so I’m used to it

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks, after ebay sent me the 'what happened' note I have a work around. I don't like it.....but need to spend less time there anyway. The removal of the hot link at the top of the page was a 'change for the sake of change' no matter what they say.
Thanks for looking into it AMC. I like the new format myself!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I looked closer and Dave is right, they did screw it up!

I tried to follow these instructions, no dice. There is no Manage my Shop link.

View attachment 568518

This is what I see on the left of the page.

View attachment 568520
I looked closer and Dave is right, they did screw it up!

I tried to follow these instructions, no dice. There is no Manage my Shop link.

View attachment 568518

This is what I see on the left of the page.

View attachment 568520
If GRJ said its messed up...Then it is trashed!!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
seems pretty simple to me.
Am I missing something?
Light Product Black Font Line

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
seems pretty simple to me.
Am I missing something?
Try to actually find something you want to find.
Yesterday I looked for MTH O gauge E6 locos and got a list of 11. Today when I do the same search, I got one MTH E6 and 50 other things (HO, N, not e6s) that I don't want to look at. I doubt very much that the 11 I saw yesterday have all sold.

·
Registered
148 Posts
WOW!
I have figured it out but i still don't like it.
Go to the top left of the page,next to the EBAY, it says shop by category
By clicking through that you can chose the scale
This is what amounts to "make work'
In order to justify the continued employment of the programmers, if that's the right term, they have to do something to appear like they have improved something.
A analogy would be like Fender guitar company touting this years crop of Telecasters are like none ever before.
Theres only so many things you can do to a guitar before its no longer a guitar and over the 60 plus years that model has been around it been done likely several times over

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
RIGHT!! More work to find the same result. I got what I wanted last week in TWO clicks. Now it's many more and I do not trust I am getting all the results I did before. thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
The analyst in me had to poke around to prove to myself if it's just me or them.
I went to a sellers listing of an O scale item that I had bought from before. I knew he had a few items listed I was interested in. On his current listing, clicked on link 'see other items' and then 'railroads and trains' tab left side. I got a short list of items, many less than I knew were listed.....and very few O items, none of the items I was watching. As soon, and if, they catch this glitch...they will fix....as it will affect sales.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yep, in the Ebay Sellers community, they are discussing, some with Ebay, many changes that went into effect today. My sales were great last week but dropped off the radar completely today. Thanks Ebay. Oh, and the glitches are not just related to categories. I can't answer customers questions. I get a error notice. Sheesh

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Thanks Dale.....I have been retired for 15+ years.....but my only job was computer analyst of some type for over 30 years. I did a lot of internal customer to IT Dept interface.....so I am still super sensitive to methodology changes. Wife hates it....other may too!!! But I figured something was up.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks Dale.....I have been retired for 15+ years.....but my only job was computer analyst of some type for over 30 years. I did a lot of internal customer to IT Dept interface.....so I am still super sensitive to methodology changes. Wife hates it....other may too!!! But I figured something was up.
Thank you. All of you. I can come here and confirm what I suspected. Ebay screwing up my sales again. They always have to be messing with something.

·
Admin
46,189 Posts
WOW!
I have figured it out but i still don't like it.
Go to the top left of the page,next to the EBAY, it says shop by category
By clicking through that you can chose the scale
This is what amounts to "make work'
In order to justify the continued employment of the programmers, if that's the right term, they have to do something to appear like they have improved something.
A analogy would be like Fender guitar company touting this years crop of Telecasters are like none ever before.
Theres only so many things you can do to a guitar before its no longer a guitar and over the 60 plus years that model has been around it been done likely several times over
That only gets me here. However, I have to shop by category, I used to just be able to browse the O-gauge listings for anything listed!
I don't want to shop by category or brand, I just want to see the O-gauge listings! Many times people put stuff in the wrong category, that's where some of the real eBay bargains are! Let's face it, eBay screwed the pooch here!

Product Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot

·
Registered
975 Posts
Just type " O Guage" or "O scale" in the search. Seems to work for me, been searching that way for N and HO for a while now. Maybe I'm missing something?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

·
Admin
46,189 Posts
Just type " O Guage" or "O scale" in the search. Seems to work for me, been searching that way for N and HO for a while now. Maybe I'm missing something?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Maybe you are. ;) When I do that, I get this mix of stuff. Note the HO, N, S, On3, On30...

Rectangle Font Technology Office equipment Number

21 - 40 of 84 Posts