Model Train Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I can say here it took weeks to get it under some kind of control. It grew very fast ... Nearly exponential and then with the draconian seeming measures it flattened to a more linear rate... which was not initially apparent.

Now the rate of new cases has gone slowly down and the positivity is below 5% ...but it took weeks.

Really it seemed the better measures because our testing was so limited was to look more at hospitalizations and daily deaths.

It took a long time but finally those let off a bit too.

Having said all that we haven't gone down to single digits... And I suspect we won't ... Even for all the mask wearing in or around retail ...

Because we are not doing much otherwise that I can tell.

And so expect some kind of bounce back. I doubt it will be as explosive in nature as when it started but it will come back ... ok so what do I know ...

I hope to proven wrong really...

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,526 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
The virus is spreading most everywhere infecting just about everyone. Look no further than the recent dust cloud storm from the Sahara Desert. News Media show in detail in their Graphics the worldwide spread of the dust cloud. Just imagine the virus spreading worldwide same as the Sahara dust cloud has spread itself worldwide. No place to run or hide. Masks may stop the dust but probably not the virus.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I used the Dust Cloud as an Example of how just about anything & everything can be spread worldwide. The virus is everywhere, along with other nasty stuff such as Mold, Pollen, Flu Virus etc. The Virus is on our clothing, Items we come in contact with. Even the external side of a protection mask. You are correct in stating that person to person contact is how the virus spreads but P to P is not the only way it spreads. If one touches an infected object they can transfer the Virus to themselves that way and any other object they touch can now be infected. To be fully protected 100% one would have to live in a sterile bubble or constantly disinfecting themselves. Oh yeah. Just this morning the News Media reported on a new Virus from , Guess where?, China. The new Virus is related to Swine somehow. Not to worry here in the U.S. we now have protection procedures in place to help contain the threats.

·
Registered
524 Posts
No one is forcing you to wear a mask...Private owned places like cafes, restaurants, offices, stores and stadiums have every right to deny you entrance for any reason at all...People who crab about this and blurt out foul language complaining they're being duped or are being denied their rights by being told to wear a mask are nothing less than morons !! The Drs. and scientists are telling us if we don't comply we are subjecting ourselves to possible dire illness and death... Do you want to believe them, or politicians who call it a hoax simply to get your vote ?? !!
I will wear a mask where required until the day the technicians give me the green light to toss it away..
Better safe than sorry....

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
No one is forcing you to wear a mask...Private owned places like cafes, restaurants, offices, stores and stadiums, have every right to deny you entrance for any reason at all...People who * about this and blurt out foul language complaining they're being duped or are being denied their rights by being told to wear a mask are nothing less than morons !! ...
+1. Recent news stories include shoppers berating non-wearers as well as non-wearers going ballistic for being denied service. I'm guessing the latter feel "entitled".

I'm done with Covid-19. Got it early March. One day of symptoms. I work for a medical practice so I isolated for a month. Now I'm immune and non-contagious. And I could get a doc to write an exception. But who wants to go through that; the questioning, the potential berating or just instilling fear in others.

So I wear a mask. It's just easier given the conditions.

·
Registered
564 Posts
i like how some people believe business can not set standards to permit certain people in their business.
I see signs at business entrances all the time that say "no shirt, no shoes no entrance" now just add a mask and people get all bent out of shape.

·
Registered
7,856 Posts
There was a time {not long ago) that if you tried to wear a mask and walk into a business (or bank), you'd be in trouble.....now they're asking you to wear one.....the perfect example of the new normalcy..... o_O

41 - 52 of 52 Posts