Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Spence, if it came in a box when I purchased the item, I still have the box. Only exceptions are my Postwar stuff that I received as presents as a youngster. I have some but most hit the garbage can. I see a lot of PW stuff with boxes for sale, can't believe they were kids Christmas presents. Must have been a lot of adults buying Postwar for themselves back in the fifties.

Bill

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hi Spence, if it came in a box when I purchased the item, I still have the box. Only exceptions are my Postwar stuff that I received as presents as a youngster. I have some but most hit the garbage can. I see a lot of PW stuff with boxes for sale, can't believe they were kids Christmas presents. Must have been a lot of adults buying Postwar for themselves back in the fifties.

Bill
Bill, your last sentence captures the PW OB phenomenon exactly; at least how it was in my home. I was about 4 or 5 when my Dad bought a 675 and some freight cars, track and transformer. He meticulously documented each purchase; kept every box and instruction sheet; etc. I have all of that stuff now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts