Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Good looking. Like the tankers.

Bill, from my posting experience in the new S/W, it seems when you add a pic, it is automatically included in the post by default - full size. Then at the very bottom of the post, in the pic "control section", you see insert options next to each uploaded pic - thumbnail and full size. Clicking one of those options adds the pic again at the selected size. Hence, you get two of every pic (as in your post). I tried to insert several pics only as thumbnails. It seems to only way to do that is highlight the full size pic (included in the post by default), then use the pop-up pic control to delete it. Then go back and use the insert thumbnail pic command next to each occurrence of the pic in the control section at the very bottom of the post.

Anyone have a different take?

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, I screwed up and hit the full size for each photo which duplicated the photos.

Bill

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Yep, I screwed up and hit the full size for each photo which duplicated the photos.

Bill
It's just a little awkward. Easy enough to do when you know the caveat. Mostly posted as an FYI for others.

On my other forum (Parts Express Tech Talk - different S/W), at the bottom of a post, for each of posted pic.'s, there is a sizing option. That changes the size of existing pic in the post. Of course, of the 5 sizes, only two work :confused:

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Some railroads just get their colors right. PRR is one of my favorite railroads. I like Tuscan quite a bit (especially if it comes with 5 stripes), but I would have a lot more PRR diesels if most of them weren’t DGLE.

I like the look of the SP&S loco. Looks a bit like Suzie-Q colors.

I try to limit myself to northeast railroads, but whenever I see the colors on that SD, I think about adding some Northern Pacific to my roster. Those colors would look good on just about anything. I even like them on your GG1.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Western RR's were very colorful during the 60's. The NP, GN, D&RG, AT&SF, WP and Milwaukee all had great color combinations.

Bill

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great looking photo of the Amtrak Rainbow passenger consist. I am guessing that Amtrak combined the NP Mainstreeter and GN Empire Builder into one route which probably made for a profitable route during the initial start-up.

Bill

·
Registered
483 Posts
Another feature of the photograph is the grade separation between the pair of tracks on the right side of the photo, and the 5(!) tracks to the left using a vertical stone (?) wall. Such an abrupt grade separation is a common component of our O gauge layouts, but may not seem prototypical to the eye, especially outside of an urban setting.

The photo does not give a location, but it sure is an interesting track arrangement.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
With the amount of tracks I am guessing near a major city. Maybe Seattle or Minneapolis.

Bill

1 - 13 of 13 Posts