Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Scratch built harp switch stand out of some brass and a short piece of code 100 rail.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Had a little trouble posting. Let's see if this works.

Scratch built Harp switch stand out of some brass and scrap rail.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Randy. I don't go for a lot of detail but more into the overall feel. Since the layout is outside under a covered patio the rolling stock gets handled quite a bit. And the structures have to stand up to the weather.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

This was a Mantua 0-4-0 that received a new boiler and whale back tender. It's BPRC (battery powered remote control) using a 7.4 volt LiPo. Number T5 is a water car based on the West Side Lumber Company's Coffin Car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Making progress. The orange paint is starting to grow on me.
The radiator grill was made from a common comb.
Starting on installing the MRC Loco Genie.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Randy,

No Mountie there, the workers just wear whatever is comfortable. Most of my figures are modified 1/35 scale WWII military figures. The tent was made from dryer fabric sheets soaked in diluted white glue and allowed to dry. Then bent over and glued to a wood tent frame. Some paint to give it a tan/grey color. The NI&E (Nye, Inyo & Esmeralda) is located in western Nevada and eastern California (just a tad north of Death Valley). Nye and Esmeralda are counties in Nevada, and Inyo is a county in California. The line starts at San Miguel and heads in a northwesternly direction serving a borax tipple and a salt works. There is a 42" gauge line that runs east from San Miguel and interchanges with the Tonopah & Tidewater completing a connection to the outside world.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Here is a shot of some dual-gauge trackage (24" & 42") including a dual-gauge stub switch.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts