Model Train Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, it can be done.

I call it the Yankee Table as I decided to start building it with whatever I had on hand, could barter for, or get on the cheap. The green is called "Asperagus" Don't you love it? I had it on hand from another project 10 years ago. The blue is the paint from last year's bathroom project, and the train is from a Xmas gift to myself last year. I bought the power supply on ebay for $18. The layout is from Thor's site. Its a great loop but you need to keep the train short otherwise the loco can get overcome by pulling all those turns.

The white board will be a painted sky backdrop. Something simple...

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Its a Lionel 0-6-0 from a Flyer set w/matching caboose. A guy was selling locos and cabooses from Flyer sets for $60 on ebay last Xmas and I couldnt resist. I have to say the Flyer isn't very powerful, but it is pretty bullet proof.

I like that for a name too, "Dog Tail Chasing".

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,957 Posts
The table tops color almost makes a nice Alien green. :D:thumbsup:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Background Update 15JUL12

Painted a back drop in keeping with the simplicity of the layout. I plan on eventually getting the full matching B&O PEEP car set from RMT to finish out the B&O F3s I have. I did some experimenting and I will definitely need the motorized B loco to pull anything more than two cars through all these curves.

I do have to say that I really enjoy this simple 4x4 more than my 8x4 right now. Not sure why.

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,957 Posts
I like the skyboard, it really makes the layout look larger. :)
Ditto what John said.:D:thumbsup:

Too bad you don't have the room to make it a bit bigger.:eek:hwell:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This table was actually a left over from when I initially made my first table. There was a large support pole in the way so I had to make one 4x8 table and one 4x4 table in order to have what I had originally planned. I ended up just working with the 4x8 table and had this left over.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.