Model Train Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
173 Posts
Bob, you know I've been on the topic for this on my own threads and not sure if this maybe prompted this most timely post. You know I got newer Atlas 0 scale cars Premier Madisons, and so now we are dealing with Atlas-O for figures as well. Atlas-O though does have their own character sets. The Atlas-O has the 3009950 , 3009951, and 3009952. These are 12 packs. The figures are VERY good compared to what I have been finding with other makes. I see a ton of blobby messes with a lot of others. These passengers are the same passengers that now come "IN" Atlas O Premier Madison Cars. Each car seems to have a unique passenger set of 10.
I have been in contract with Atlas and they sell the set of passengers for the observation car for instance as a "part" for $14. This is a great price for great looking passengers. The guy I spoke to also said they have the passenger replacement part for the combination car but I can not find this on their website and will be calling them tomorrow. Atlas website is terrible, and there are no working images or descriptions for things.

I am attaching images that show the feet on and you can even see the woman in heels, sitting, and still her feet don't touch the floor. In the first picture you see the figure at the far table on the left white shoes. No surgery needed

Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive design

Gas Font Tints and shades Office equipment Rectangle

Gas Font Wood Automotive exterior Metal

Edit: Those pictures are washed out because I wanted to be very close and had them on a lighting pad. Thought I'd throw this in to show how it appears w/o high zoom

Grille Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Bumper

· Registered
173 Posts
Thanks Ron. I’ll add Atlas to the passenger figure section. Those Atlas figures are MTH figures. For example, Atlas PN 3009951 is the same as MTH PN 30-11067. I suspect Atlas either bought the MTH tooling or the rights to use it. Where do you see them for $14? I only see prices from $30 (Trainworld) to $33 (Atlas). I still see MTH figures in stock at a few places so either they are still making figures or its new old stock.
Ya, I know they came from MTH but certainly in the interests of compendiums I thought at some point we need to address Atlas as its own entity and not actually MTH.

You are right, I can't find the 12 sets for less than $25
If you go to

Atlas Model Railroad Company, Inc. Online Store - O PREMIER MADISON CAR OBSERVATION FIGURES

You can see they sell the passenger set there as a replacement part just like a truck or window, or whatever part you might need to fix something. I talked to them Friday and the guy said they had the set I linked and also the set that goes in the Combination car. I went to order a set of each which should be at least 20 figures for $28. I could not find though any signs of the combination car figures replacement parts. As I say, I will be calling them tomorrow and seeing if they can send me a set of each. If not, I may order 2 sets of the observation car as it's still a better price than through retailers.

· Registered
173 Posts
Sorry, meant to mention that the standing characters had to be placed in the lower section as the dome would not accommodate them. There is one small figure on the left there but the 2 adults wouldn't go

· Registered
173 Posts
I used a glue gun. Actually had to remove the two standing passengers when I realized they were too tall. First, the glue gun held them very well with absolutely no effort. To remove them it was just as easy. Didn't snap the feet off. I just pushed the base off the glue with a toothpick. If they aren't going to be strained (like passengers) a glue gun is all you should need and it's effortless to get them back out if you want/need. People complain about the glue gun strands. When I use a glue gun I just put my blob down, then use my fingers to grab the glue from the gun. Quickly set the passengers in and they melt right down in the blob. The strings are so hard so fast, I just pull it away after as it will snap off at the start of the blob of glue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts