Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased at least 20 of the older O27 mostly Lionel rolling stock in the past 7 years some by accident when I did not recognize the smaller size. I run 1:48 now or as close as possible (some Rail King). Most of my smaller O27 is still in nice shape, probably not used or gently used. I am going to start throwing these away. I have Rock Island in bankruptcy blue, Great Northern, Southern Pacific, Contadina, and various labels. These are FREE to anyone who needs to run O27/O31 on a smaller layout. You would pay shipping, and I will max the shipping at $4 a car. So, I have box for instance that should get 6 of these cars in, I would ask $20-$22 to ship them Obviously, this is a defacto "cost" for you to "purchase" free rolling stock. Payment would be by PayPal.

I believe I have around 20-25 of these O27 rolling stock items. If I can stuff even more in a box I will. Email me at [email protected] Thanks Bryan

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I run primarily O27. While I don't especially need yet more cars, the idea of throwing perfectly good rolling stock away is sacrilege! Can you provide a little more detail--what brand(s) are they? What kinds of rolling stock--box cars, tank cars, gondolas, flat cars, hoppers,...?

Alternatively, post a picture or two and that will likely answer many questions!

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
If there are any that you don't manage to give away, why not donate them to a local charity/church group/thrift shop.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry I dropped the ball on this post guys. I will start separating out O27 that I just don't want. I'll be keeping a couple to take the couplers off for other projects. I lost my job and my entire focus was on securing new employment which I have done.

·
Registered
897 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have been putting some on Ebay and losing a lot. Specifically the O27 stuff. I packed a few items that I think I can run but yes, I probably have another 10-15 O27 items to move.

·
Registered
2 Posts
let me know, I don't care about size and scale of stuff. I just pretend it's different size tanks, boxes, or whatever. as long as it will run on O31 track, it runs on my tracks. MAkes it hilarious when something is pulling one of those old Aluminum streamliners though, haha. o-v-e-r-h-a-n-g for days on those.

Shoot me a message and let me know what you have.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts