Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow I missed this when Pat's Trains announced it. A black bonnet 3751 class Northern!

I know . . . I really do. Black bonnet is a fantasy scheme and "bonnet" wasn't put on steamers. But so what? I love black Bonnet. I gotta have it.

Luckily Pat called me because, knowing as he does how much I like Black Bonnet, and Santa Fe Northerns, he was surprised I had not ordered one. I am grateful he did. I just somehow missed it!!!

Now that I have my order confirmed and know I will be one of the people who get one of the 25 that will be made, the selfish devil on my left shoulder is allowing me to share the fact that there are a few more left before they sell out.

http://www.patstrains.com/View_Details/?ID=56288&View_Details=View+Details

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Not sure who likes Black Bonnets more. Lee or Pat. Seems like Pat has been doing a lot of Black Bonnet specials lately from both MTH and Lionel.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Lee, you only missed the announcement from Pat by a couple days. I think I received Pat's e-mail on Wed. might be in your spam folder.

Bill

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,034 Posts
Should have bought 2.:D

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Should have bought 2.:D
It does seem to be a beautiful loco but apparently unlike many of the posters on this forum I don't have funds for a loco like that.
IF I did I would probably buy several cheaper locos and just continue to envy those that do have these beautiful pieces of art.

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,034 Posts
rogruth
Yep I hear you, but at only 25 ever being made it might be a good investment. Once they sell, one might get double or triple that.
Years from now maybe quadguadquadruple. :)

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Lee, when I called Pat the day I received the email announcement, I told Pat you'd probably order two and renumber one of them. And that's when he told me you had ordered one yet. So I'm glad to see he called you. ;)

I don't doubt that we'll see passenger cars to follow -- hoping they will be heavyweights with CLEAR windows as opposed to Lionel 21" ABS cars. The latter are just not my cup of tea anymore, and I've decided to sell the few sets I have in favor of MTH Premier passenger cars... they're just much better quality than Lionel 21" streamliners, and they come with passengers already installed.

If Pat's black bonnet passenger cars turn out to be an MTH offering, then so much the better!!!

·
Registered
8,909 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lee, when I called Pat the day I received the email announcement, I told Pat you'd probably order two and renumber one of them. And that's when he told me you had ordered one yet. So I'm glad to see he called you. ;)

I don't doubt that we'll see passenger cars to follow -- hoping they will be heavyweights with CLEAR windows as opposed to Lionel 21" ABS cars. The latter are just not my cup of tea anymore, and I've decided to sell the few sets I have in favor of MTH Premier passenger cars... they're just much better quality than Lionel 21" streamliners, and they come with passengers already installed.

If Pat's black bonnet passenger cars turn out to be an MTH offering, then so much the better!!!
That is a great idea. I would love some 18" clear-windowed cars, and MTH's just strike me as superior.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts