Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Broke, I hope you are still lurking on this forum. We miss your posting. I don't like the changes either.
But I must admit I am getting used to it. You have to remember at one time we were new to the old
forum and had to get used to it. And we did. Take it slow and get used to this new forum. I do not
believe you lost interest in S scale. All you got to do is ask if you have a question. Let us hear from you.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Broke, I hope you are still lurking on this forum. We miss your posting. I don't like the changes either.
But I must admit I am getting used to it. You have to remember at one time we were new to the old
forum and had to get used to it. And we did. Take it slow and get used to this new forum. I do not
believe you lost interest in S scale. All you got to do is ask if you have a question. Let us hear from you.
OK Al. You caught me! I am addicted but I didn't want to show my weakness. I still don't like this format but I am getting use to it. Thanks for thinking of me, my friend!

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts
Welcome back, you will learn. :geek:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Welcome back Broke! There is nobody that hates change worse than I do, (the you can't teach an old dog new tricks), but since it was either learn and adapt or quit, I learned and adapted. Still like that old forum better but this is what it is. The one good thing about this new format is that it is way easier to post photographs. As somebody just said, if ya don't know ask.

Kenny

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Good to know that you're okay Fred. In these crazy times when someone doesn't post for a while, it can be troublesome not knowing the reason. Stay safe.

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I will second that we are glad you have not totally given up on the forum.
And yes you have friends here. I have 0 train friends locally here, so all
my train friends are here on the forum. And I love trains.

Hey Broke, is garage warm enough yet to stretch the legs on your 282?
We have had some crazy weather here lately. Up in the 80s for a couple days
and back in the 30s for a couple days.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Mopac is so correct about the weather. He's in Missouri and I am 100 miles downstate in Illinois so I think we are about 200-300 miles apart? 75 degrees this past Wednesday, high wind and the 40's and snow flurries Thursday, and now accumulating snow forecast and down into the upper 20's-low 30's for Sunday night into Monday. Real nice but at least I don't have to contend with what you have Broke. Cold garage and having to wait for a warm up like you do in Utah.

Kenny

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Mopac is so correct about the weather. He's in Missouri and I am 100 miles downstate in Illinois so I think we are about 200-300 miles apart? 75 degrees this past Wednesday, high wind and the 40's and snow flurries Thursday, and now accumulating snow forecast and down into the upper 20's-low 30's for Sunday night into Monday. Real nice but at least I don't have to contend with what you have Broke. Cold garage and having to wait for a warm up like you do in Utah.

Kenny
As a boy, I lived in Swansea (Bellevue IL) and went to a small one room elementary school. My ancestors helped settle Northern IL. Except for the weather, I love Illinois! Riding the train to St. Louis to see the zoo, Christmas displays or ride the Admiral on the Mississippi River, were great times! I also learned that one doesn't put their tongue on the flagpole in wintertime!!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
We live on a lake 80 miles west of Minneapolis, MN. 3 days ago the lake ice finally melted. It was 67 degrees; the warmest for us since last fall. Since then it been off & on snow flurries. We call it mud season right now. Nothing is green, the buds are the trees are tiny yet visible. This Forum and you guys helped me make it through the long winter. Thanx all.
Homer T.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
We live near the beach in SoCal so I cannot comment on the weather except to say today is cold, it is only 60. I used to live in Chicago and traveled to Green Bay and Minneapolis. Way too cold there.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Nice to have u back getting use to the forum my weathet 60 today yesterday 40s wind rain typical weather in Rhode island the saying here is if you dont like the weather wait a minute. Thake care.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
We live on a lake 80 miles west of Minneapolis, MN. 3 days ago the lake ice finally melted. It was 67 degrees; the warmest for us since last fall. Since then it been off & on snow flurries. We call it mud season right now. Nothing is green, the buds are the trees are tiny yet visible. This Forum and you guys helped me make it through the long winter. Thanx all.
Homer T.
I use to live at Ellendale ND. We wou7ld go to the "Big Smoke" Minneapolis to shop.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Good to have you back. Ran into the same problems with this new platform. But I too am getting used to it. Think forward and stay well! The change in the forms format is the least of our worries at this time. We will all get over this forum change and these new restrictions on our lives.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Good to have you back. Ran into the same problems with this new platform. But I too am getting used to it. Think forward and stay well! The change in the forms format is the least of our worries at this time. We will all get over this forum change and these new restrictions on our lives.
Thanks for the kind and positive remarks. The world is constantly changing. I am reminded of the old movie, It's a Mad, Mad World.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts