Model Train Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
We live near the beach in SoCal so I cannot comment on the weather except to say today is cold, it is only 60. I used to live in Chicago and traveled to Green Bay and Minneapolis. Way too cold there.
Tom being a life time Packer fan, (I suppose you are a Bears fan), I can attest to Green Bay's weather. Even though I have a friend who used to own a heated suite box, I still had to get across that parking lot to the stadium. I was done with that 15 years ago. I have been back at the beginning of the season when it wasn't as cold a few times though. 50's are fine, just not 15 and snow like later on.

Kenny

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Kenny, I am from Pittsburgh, so even though it may not have been rational, I continue to be a Steelers fan. Green Bay was not quite as cold in the winter as Minneapolis.
On the earlier point Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World continues to be one of my favorite movies, I own a copy.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Kenny, I am from Pittsburgh, so even though it may not have been rational, I continue to be a Steelers fan. Green Bay was not quite as cold in the winter as Minneapolis.
On the earlier point Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World continues to be one of my favorite movies, I own a copy.
Tom I have never been to Minneapolis. I did have to go to Mayo's in Rochester once. It was 25 below zero for the 3 days I was there. Not unheard of around here either but the thing that showed me that part of the world wasn't any where I wanted to be was when I pulled into the motel near the clinic and they had vehicle heaters like parking meters standing in front of every Holiday Inn ground floor room and more in the parking lot stalls. Some of those were a little worse for wear due to them being hit. Luckily I still had my Chevrolet Dually which had all options including a cord for the factory engine heater and a ground floor room so I was able/allowed to park up close to the building. Yes I plugged it in.
The Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, World couldn't be more appropriate now.

Kenny

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
As a boy, I lived in Swansea (Bellevue IL) and went to a small one room elementary school. My ancestors helped settle Northern IL. Except for the weather, I love Illinois! Riding the train to St. Louis to see the zoo, Christmas displays or ride the Admiral on the Mississippi River, were great times! I also learned that one doesn't put their tongue on the flagpole in wintertime!!!

Do you mean my hometown of Belleville, Illinois? In Southern Illinois?

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Welcome back.

Where in Swansea did you live? I've very familiar with both Belleville and Swansea.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Welcome back.

Where in Swansea did you live? I've very familiar with both Belleville and Swansea.
It was in 1950. I was just a little boy. I am afraid I cannot remembeer. I do remember that Sansea was very rural and I went to an one room school.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts