Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Old & Weary Car Shop, Tappan NY
I've done business with them in the past. But I can't find their web site.
Apparently they are no longer in business. Anybody know what happened?

·
Registered
8,517 Posts
I don't know Richard. They answered the phone and were reasonably helpful last year - can't remember when but I'd guess it was round October, when i was trying to find a specific MTH EMD-F B unit. They didn't have what I wanted but toook the time to check, etc.

A lot of businesses are closed right now given the corona virus thing. I don't think mail-order and internet business was a big part of their revenues as it is for Pat's Trains and Mr. Muffin, etc., so they might have just shuttered the store for good and are staying home. Some owners here of small business go by on Wednesday afternoons to check their store and take phone calls. I'd leave a message of send mail (both e-mail and snail-mail) if you want to verify.

I hope they are still in business, just temporarily closed.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I called the shop's listed telephone # (845-680-0405). The msg announced store hours (12 noon - 7 pm, etc) and an exception for March 1. So it seems they were in business right up to the onset of the virus emergency. The msg also requested the caller leave a msg and they will get back to you. You could try that.

Thanks for posting. I had no idea this shop existed. It is 10 or 15 minutes from home. I will have to visit once the real world returns to normal.

Shop.png

1 - 4 of 4 Posts