1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,876 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
John or Mike,
I downloaded the WinHTTrack Website copier and believe I properly downloaded the Olsen site. WinHT ran for a long time and I could see the activity. When the download was completed, I clicked on the "Finish" button and went to look for the downloaded material. I was unable to locate anything in File Explorer associated with the downloaded material. What I did find under something called GPUCache was 5 files titled data-0, 1, 2, 3, and 4, plus an index file. Clicking on them did nothing.
I am definitely not well versed in computer technology but can you walk me through what I may have missed in capturing the material

Very much appreciated, swede

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You should have found a folder with the name you gave it when you started the job. Inside that folder it would look like this.

View attachment 547305
Note the arrow, that's the startup file for the captured site. When I double-click that, I get the opening page.

View attachment 547306
After two attempts, I click on a category (e.g., Lionel Postwar Locomotives), the list of loco.'s will come up. If I then click on a specific loco, I get a partial webpage with the left border (e.g., search all parts) ill formatted and no loco info. My first attempt I just used the default parameters. On my second attempt, I set the maximum link depth to 3. I had no errors in the log file.

Did you set any parameters before the download?

·
Registered
291 Posts
John and Mike, thank you for the info. John, I found it and was able to view all the info. It appears there is some garbage to move through before getting to the meat but every thing appears to be there.

Very much appreciated. Have a good day you two.

swede

·
Registered
291 Posts
John and Mike. When I first clicked on 'index" the entire Olsen site opened with numerous little screen shots before reaching the Library. I think all I ended up doing was scroll down to the Library and then, as you say, let her rip.

swede

1 - 15 of 15 Posts