Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Home from work today due to a cold. Slowly getting my track plan worked out. Very slow going. Reading GRJ's layout thread makes my planning method look pre-historic. The track plan is a slightly modified version of the Gum Stump and Snowshoe layout. Instead of just stopping at the end, the track will extend into my current layout, going all the way across to my small town. Really hoping to have the cutting and track lines drawn today.

001.JPG

This is the area of the room that the extension will be. The On30 extension will be the same height as the level the mine on the LH side of the picture will be on. Below that, I'm going to add another O-gauge loop.
I've already started on the backdrop and L-girder benchwork. So far, I prefer L-girder to the conventional table-top. Much stronger and flexible, though probably more expensive.

002.JPG

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got some more done today. Really like the L-girder benchwork. Great possibilities and can really come up with some interesting ideas using a little bit of imagination. Glad I didn't have a rigid plan to begin with.

006.JPG

003.JPG

This area is really going to be fun!
004.JPG

1 - 3 of 3 Posts