Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to try a Bachmann 4-6-0 in On30 scale and I am not sure what flange size demands me to do as to track and track code size, etc.

Would Kato HO Unitrack work? Would any HO scale snap track work? My snap track need has to do with my wife's Christmas village, and snap track is my preferred way to go for that village. Also what minimum radius would be needed for this loco?

Eventually I may build myself a nice On30 layout using Peco flex but for now I need quick and simple. thanks.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Track

Bachmann On30 equipment seems to run fine on my HO code 100 and where I have Code 83. Actually the only thing different is the length of the ties and the thickness or width. Gauge is the same. Cheers

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Bachmann supplies its regular HO "EZ-Track" in their On30 starter sets, so I don't see why it wouldn't work with the Kato track. As mentioned, the only real problem with HO track is the ties are undersized for On30. I have both, but I haven't tried my On30 4-4-0 on my Kato track yet.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I have a 4-6-0 and it runs on 18" radius. I use the bachmann ez-track for my holiday layouts, which is all I am currently running trains for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts